Honored Contributor

Re: Are There Any Hot, Hot Coffee Lovers Left?

I love Corningware stuff, @mustang66lady.   Hadn't thought of trying to find one of those fun coffee pots-- you've got me thinking!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell

I wasn't looking for that Corningware-was actually looking for vintage pyrex, and possibly one of those clear glass coffee pots that pyrex used to sell.  Best 3.00 purchase in a long time!   I don't know if you shop ebay but you might find a corningware coffeepot there.  Good luck in your search for " hot, hot coffee!"

Honored Contributor

I no longer drink coffee but love the aroma.  I've been known to put coffee beans into a pretty glass vase for decoration and enjoy the aroma until it fades.

@Oznell

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I love my coffee drinks SCALDING hot. I keep popping mine back in the microwave.

Valued Contributor

I put my cup in the microwave before and not after.I use the Nespresso machine then the Aeroccino makes the organic chocolate milk hot and frothy.

Honored Contributor

My esophagus couldn't stand that hot of coffee.  

Respected Contributor

Our coffee grinder and coffee makers are the most used machines in our house.  We use the grinder at least twice each day.  We'll make about 4 pots a day during the week and more on the weekends.  I drink my coffee black with nothing in it, as does my husband.  We use several brewing methods...   we have a Technivorm, a Chemex and French Press.  I LOVE my coffee super hot  ....   which all 3 provide.  Whenever I make coffee for friends, they are always delightfully surprised that it's as hot as it is, because they claim their coffee makers don't provide that same heat level.

LOVE good STRONG DARK coffee. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1, we have collected a bunch of French press pots of different sized over the years, but must have gotten lazy about the process, grinding the beans, etc.  Maybe time to pull them out again!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznellwrote:

@nyc1, we have collected a bunch of French press pots of different sized over the years, but must have gotten lazy about the process, grinding the beans, etc.  Maybe time to pull them out again!

@Oznell  During the week I use the Technivorm, which is a drip machine, but on the weekend I love the process of the Chemex and French press.  Both are a little more time consuming but they make the most smooth and delicious coffee.  I get into the process and enjoy it as part of my coffee experience.   GIVE IT A TRY!  Remember the grinds for French Press have to be more coarse.  Let me know if you do it and your thoughts!!!!!

Honored Contributor

So agree, @nyc1, thanks for the reminder that coffee is as much about the "experience" as it is about the drink.  Good, HOT coffee is well worth the pleasurable effort it takes to produce!