Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

We are thinking of buying the streamer and subscribing to the service, does anyone have it already, thanks

I bought a new iPad, it was during a time they were offering a year's subscription for free. I haven't watched anything yet, I probably wouldn't pay for it if I wasn't getting it for free.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Thanks and I did a bit of resaerch Apple TV is only avilable through the box that you buy from Apple.

That's incorrect. This is information directly from the Apple TV+ website and shows these devices AND says you can click the link to see more. The link lists specific Samsung, LG, and Vizio smart TVs that you can use.

AppleTV.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

The Apple TV Device is very expensive for what it is. You can subscribe to Apple TV and use the app on other streaming devices, like the Fire Stick, Fire TV, or Roku. I'm planning to use it with my Fire Stick.

I think it depends on what you want to do with it.  There are schools around here that have an Apple TV device in every classroom.  For my purposes, a Fire Stick isn't capable of doing all I'd want it to do because it's not compatible with my other Apple devices. 

My sister has the Fire Stick, and I don't think it's as user friendly as my Apple TV.  But if all you want to do is stream content from Apple TV+, you may not even need an extra device if your smart tv can download apps.  

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan 

Thanks much we want to use to to stream games and use it the same way we use the Wii I am not sure the Firestick woulc be able to do ta

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

The Apple TV Device is very expensive for what it is. You can subscribe to Apple TV and use the app on other streaming devices, like the Fire Stick, Fire TV, or Roku. I'm planning to use it with my Fire Stick.

I think it depends on what you want to do with it.  There are schools around here that have an Apple TV device in every classroom.  For my purposes, a Fire Stick isn't capable of doing all I'd want it to do because it's not compatible with my other Apple devices. 

My sister has the Fire Stick, and I don't think it's as user friendly as my Apple TV.  But if all you want to do is stream content from Apple TV+, you may not even need an extra device if your smart tv can download apps.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.