Regular Contributor

Xfinity customers can now watch Apple TV on their televisions through Xfinity.  Apple TV subscribers can sign in through the Apple TV app.  If you are not a subscriber, you can still watch Season 1 of a handful of popular Apple TV shows and movies for free, no subscription required, from March 15-21.  Also, nonsubscribers of Apple TV can sign up for 3 months of free Apple TV through Xfinity for a limited time.

Heads up:  the quality of third party apps on Xfinity varies per public forum chats.  For instance, the Peacock app seems to work very well while the Discovery plus app seems to have a lot of problems like buffering, stopping, suddenly exiting the app.  (By contrast, none of these problems seem to occur when using the Discovery plus app on, say, a computer.)  Do not know yet about the new Apple TV app.

Honored Contributor

I saw that today, I'm considering it but I know I won't be able to give it up after 3 months.  I don't have any problems with any of the apps you mentioned except for Peacock which is  slow to open and maneuvering through the app is slow and clunky.  

Trusted Contributor

@JanetsGirl Thanks for mentioning this as we watched the first episode of Ted Lasso this a.m.  I'm thinking that the free week they are offering is only for the first seasons of their shows so this gives us a chance to watch different ones to see if we're interested in watching more.  I was not totally sold on Ted Lasso but will watch again.

Honored Contributor

Funny, we got an Apple tablet on HSN 2 years ago, use it all the time it came with a year of free Apple TV and we never even watched it once.