Honored Contributor

Anyone watching the Dexter marathon?

We’ve been watching the Dexter marathon on Showtime Extreme. More episodes will be on tomorrow. I’m loving Deborah and Masuka. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching the Dexter marathon?

I was a HUGE fan of Dexter when it was on. But how they ended the series really left a bad taste in my mouth. A very stupid and effortless way to end a terrific series. Not interested in watching it again.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I was a HUGE fan of Dexter when it was on. But how they ended the series really left a bad taste in my mouth. A very stupid and effortless way to end a terrific series. Not interested in watching it again.

I agree

I was a real fan, I didn't always have cable but my library had the DVDs.

But like you, the ending was a let down.

I started watching one of the episodes and moved on quickly

Honored Contributor

Yup.   I loved this show and also MCH as an actor.   12 hours a day, but I've been in it to win it.  Smiley Happy    Two more seasons and we're done.

As to the series ending, I thought it was very good.   If we paid attention, we knew it couldn't end the way many would have wanted it to and the reasons for that were expressed more than once by Dexter.

Spoiler
Dexter knew that he could not be with her or Harrison because they, like everybody else in his life, would end up being destroyed.   All I really wanted were two things - 1)  Dexter did not get caught; and 2)  Dexter did not get killed.

Dexter had to leave them and he knew that in spades.   After losing his sister, that was the last straw and he did not want something happening to Hannah or his son.   He did the right thing.

At first, when we originally watched the series finale, I thought 'oh no, he's going to die.  But it was brilliantly played by him all along the way.

I guess I understand why so many people were up in arms about how it ended because a lot of people do most of their thinking on an emotional plane.  But it had to be what it had to be and the ending was right.
Super Contributor

Wonderful series -- horribly disappointing finale.