Valued Contributor

Anyone watching The Batchelor?

Things seem to be going downhill rapidly tonight. My advice: Run Claire and Nikki. He is far from being ready for marriage!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone watching The Batchelor?

I agree. I don't think he is in love with either one of them. He doesn't seem to have a clue about women. It's all abou him.

Valued Contributor

Exactly! Guys like him are a dime a dozen...
Trusted Contributor

Watching ATFR Juan Pablo doesn't seem to have any emotion. I think on every final rose show, the bachelor had a hard time saying goodbye to the woman he didn't pick. But not Juan Pabs. He's like, someone has to go and it's you. No real explanation. Just said it matter-of-factly.

Respected Contributor

I'm of the opinion that no real feelings are hurt in the filming of The Bachelor. Egos, yes. Real feelings, not so much. Especially with Claire, who has been playing to the camera since she stepped out of the limo. So glad I no longer have to see her bobbing and shaking her head and sticking her tongue out while he searches for her pre-rehearsed comments. (And does anyone actually think someone could say anything to her, truly of a sexual nature, that she would find insulting? Just more of her drama.) Thought Chris was disrespectful to a bachelor not willing to regurgitate the same trite company lines like Stepford Sean. If they're not feeling it, why try to goat someone into saying they love someone. I think this season ended far more realistically since any other than Brad's first time around. But I don't plan to watch again. I'm over the forced phoniness, and didn't care for Andi and her drama queen play for camera time. If you have a epiphany that someone is not right for you, break up and move on with grace. Why belabor a point in a pathetic attempt to get the response you want. Really, it's okay. It's okay. In the grand scheme of things, the sun will still come up tomorrow.
Respected Contributor

I think Juan Pablo made a mockery of what the show stands for. Being rude to Chris when he was just trying to get an answer for the viewers. I hope the girl he choose runs the other way if in a few months nothing changes. You don't have to say you love her and just say I believe that is why I am still here. Really liking someone shouldn't be answer after spending 4 months or more around someone. I met my husband in May and we married in October almost 49 years ago. Never regretted it. I fell in love with him within the first month.

I hope that things work out for him but he needs to keep his attitude in check and maybe not be so honest and care after other persons feelings. The show is public and you will remain public even if you want it over. People invested all their time watching you and hoped you would find love. THAT is why all the questions came up on the show.

Just my personal opinion.

Super Contributor

Juan Pablo is such a player! He wasn't looking for a wife, he was looking for a limited time girlfriend. I don't believe Nikki is "in love" with him. That initial sexual attraction will wear off in no time! Reva

Super Contributor

I agree. He is a player and only in love with himself. I heard he lives with his parents and has gone through all of his soccer money. Even his parents alluded to the fact that he is a hard person to live with. Nikki needs to wise up. He is only using her until the next one comes along. The best thing Nikki can do is have a talk with his ex-girlfriend who is the mother of his daughter. I bet she could tell her plenty. Andy & the opera singer were the smart ones. They caught on early enough to run the to her way.
Super Contributor

Didn't care for him when he was on "The Bachelorette", so was disappointed to see that he was the new "Bachelor". Agree with the comments above; don't think he understood the concept of the show. If he was not sure about his feelings toward either one, he should have just walked away. Claire doesn't know how lucky she is, and Nikki just sat there yesterday while he did all the talking, as if he told her not to say a word. A strange relationship. Neither of them would say if one is moving closer to the other, plans for the future, etc. Everything was so hush-hush. Both women should have heeded his family's warnings about him; he sure doesn't seem to pleasant to live with. Chris Harrison looked like he was madder than a hornet, and truly didn't know what to say. I think Juan was on the show solely for the money and travel, and did exactly what he intended to do....come out of this with a 'sort-of' girlfriend. This was the worst season of "Bachelor" in all the years that I have watched. I give this relationship 6 months, tops. I sure hope that ABC made him give that engagement ring back. If he's not going to use it, make him buy his own.

Respected Contributor

Why couldn't he have simply told Chris that he wasn't quite ready to say those words yet? He completely would not address the question. "Look at us, we're sitting here, we're starting our life together"--saying that over and over again. Ok buddy. I get that you aren't in love or are just starting to have those feelings and you aren't ready to say it yet but you knew at the outset what this show was about so no need to be so rude---oh my goodness and he was SO rude. Like one girl said don't bite the hand that feeds you.

ETA: I do think Chris should have let it go though. Once he saw he wasn't going to get a response that he wanted he should have let it go. That whole After the Rose show was ridiculous