Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Sharp Objects?

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I just read this will only be one season.  Amy Adams and others found it dark.  I hope it has everything resolved.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/amy-adams-apos-em-sharp-231606629.html

--------

I think that decision is smart!!  This show is not only dark, it is as clear as mud!!

Valued Contributor

omg, why am I still watching this series, it is the longest hour ever.  I can't stand this show, but, I continue to watch.  What is wrong with me?  lol

When Camille had a flashback of her deceased sister in bed with a bloody mouth, made me wonder if her teeth were pulled.   Something very strange about her mother and her connection to these kids. 

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

@Chicagoan wrote:

omg, why am I still watching this series, it is the longest hour ever.  I can't stand this show, but, I continue to watch.  What is wrong with me?  lol

@Chicagoan

It's because on some level you really do want to know the significance of all the toilets in the show.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee  lmbo.... What is with Camille's flasbacks of looking at the back of the toliet seat?  At least that is what it appears like to me. 

This is the craziest series I have ever continued to watch.  I guess I am always thinking that the next episode will pull it all together!

Super Contributor

Omg I love this show! I have been watching with the CC on but I watch most shows with them on if possible, cause I can never understand what they’re saying. And I’m not hard of hearing. Anyway maybe it’s because I’ve read the book but I don’t remember who did it. I just remember I read the book in like one sitting. And I watched 3 episodes yesterday and one today. Just be patient because it all comes together. When we understood what happened at the end of episode 3 in the institution I was glad there wasn’t another one available for me to watch....because it was just too intense. 

Honored Contributor

@Chicagoan wrote:

@just bee  lmbo.... What is with Camille's flasbacks of looking at the back of the toliet seat?  At least that is what it appears like to me. 

This is the craziest series I have ever continued to watch.  I guess I am always thinking that the next episode will pull it all together!

@Chicagoan

At first I thought she was staring only at moldy toilets, but I guess she stares at all toilets.

And what about Adora's toilet?  The one that was so prominently featured in Episode 4?  Is it a clue?  Or just a poorly designed bathroom?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@just bee  My thoughts on Adora's bathroom was, they are wealthy and she has that old bathroom... lol

Honored Contributor

@Chicagoan wrote:

@just bee  My thoughts on Adora's bathroom was, they are wealthy and she has that old bathroom... lol

@Chicagoan

But what about that preview of next week's show?  Camille screams!  Is something in the toilet?  Is something coming out of the toilet?

Well, now we have to watch to find out.

Esteemed Contributor

Anybody catch up with the show last night??  I still find it so confusing.  So the father is Camille's stepfather. And the

mother doesn't love Camille because of her real father?  Did Camille cut her body up with all those words?  And does that have something to do with her real father?

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

Anybody catch up with the show last night??  I still find it so confusing.  So the father is Camille's stepfather. And the

mother doesn't love Camille because of her real father?  Did Camille cut her body up with all those words?  And does that have something to do with her real father?

@corita, I haven't read the book, so I'm just guessing. I think something horrific happened to Camille in the woods, and shed, that changed her forever. I'm thinking she may have been gang raped, the word "loser" looked to be carved in her lower back ( the scene with the detective was dark and hard to see). I doubt she would have been able to write that. She probably was carved up by some boys, and also cut herself. As for Camille's mother, how do you tell a child you never loved her? Even if you feel that way, you should never utter those words. I think it's amazing Camille isn't in the fetal position in some padded room.