Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Sharp Objects?

Well, I watched again last night, with the volume cranked up, LOL.

I'm going to keep watching till the end because I like Amy Adams so much AND I added HBO so that I could watch this, but this is one weird series.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Well, about the only thing I have gotten out of these two  episodes, is that she really enjoys drinking Vodka!  I cannot even figure out what year it is, LOL!

Honored Contributor

I haven’t found that I need to turn the volume up. The mother is really a cold fish! From what I’m understanding she lost a child ( she seemed to favor over Camille), and I get the feeling Camille feels somewhat responsible for her death. The younger sister she has, am guessing is a half sister. The mother seems to favor her over Camille. It’s no wonder Camille hasn’t come back to visit for years. I never could understand how a mother could love one child so much and ignore the other.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, vodka seems to be the drink of the day!!  Even her boss stated she smells of vodka!

I think -- she is pretty much trying to drown out her past issues with dead sis and present issues with her mother's rejection.  And I guess the 'sharp objects' refers to the needle she keeps pushing into body! 

It is slow going and can't really figure out the story line yet.  Several references to the lady in white dress...???

Is the cute young detective/investigator one of the kids from "Home Improvements?  It seems he is putting some ideas together about the murders...

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Hooty wrote:

Going to try watching this again tonight, but if things don't start coming together, I am going to have to stop   ......  plus may use the "closed caption" so I can hear/understand what they are saying!!!

--------------

Me too!!  Story needs to focus or I probably won't keep watching.  I do use the "close captioning" on any show where the words are spoken too low, garbled or whispered. 

Think we are going to bale out on it too.

Honored Contributor

Are we all ready for episode 3?

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Thank you Ladies - Just read this thread and I have been trying to watch this show but have had problems understanding what they are saying too.  I was glad others were having same problem as I am Brit and had to give up on series Power as I couldn't understand what they were talking about - then this new one same problem - though not as bad as Power - and I thought it must be me!

I decided to give it one more shot tonight maybe I need some Vodka instead of tea too lol.

Honored Contributor

Was this series edited with a machete?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

--------------------

LOL!!!  The transitions between scenes are not well done.  I really find it hard to follow this show.  So many flashbacks.  The sister, the girl at the hospital, the other sister, the main actress... all the "girls" look so alike...pretty, slender, long flowing hair.   It is hard to tell which scene is a flashback and which scene is the current story.  I hope this storyline moves quickly or I will probably have to stop watching.

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@just bee wrote:

--------------------

LOL!!!  The transitions between scenes are not well done.  I really find it hard to follow this show.  So many flashbacks.  The sister, the girl at the hospital, the other sister, the main actress... all the "girls" look so alike...pretty, slender, long flowing hair.   It is hard to tell which scene is a flashback and which scene is the current story.  I hope this storyline moves quickly or I will probably have to stop watching.

@corita

I'm still waiting to like somebody.  If you aren't given a reason to care about a character, what's the point?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~