Valued Contributor

Anyone watching Sharp Objects?

Another one in the vein of Big Little Lies and same author.  Amy Adams is the lead in this one. I think only one episode so far, but interesting......

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Sharp Objects?

I don't have HBO or I'd probably be watching. 

Respected Contributor

Not the same author actually.  Big Little Lies was written by Liane Moriarty.  Gillian Flynn wrote Sharp Objects.  She also wrote Gone Girl which I hated so I'm skipping Sharp Objects.  I didn't care for Big Little Lies (book) either.

Esteemed Contributor

Existing thread

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/Sharp-Objects-HBO/td-p/4759437

It’s the same author as Gone Girl, not Big Little Lies.

Valued Contributor

I watched the first episode.  A little confusing but I assume it will all come together.  

Valued Contributor

Oh sorry. Thought it was by same author😊
Honored Contributor

@judy0330 wrote:

I watched the first episode.  A little confusing but I assume it will all come together.  

I watched the first episode also last Sunday, it is very confusing, and I had to keep turning the volume up because I could not hear/understand what they were saying!  I sure hope it comes together or I will have to stop watching it!

Honored Contributor

Going to try watching this again tonight, but if things don't start coming together, I am going to have to stop   ......  plus may use the "closed caption" so I can hear/understand what they are saying!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

Going to try watching this again tonight, but if things don't start coming together, I am going to have to stop   ......  plus may use the "closed caption" so I can hear/understand what they are saying!!!

--------------

Me too!!  Story needs to focus or I probably won't keep watching.  I do use the "close captioning" on any show where the words are spoken too low, garbled or whispered. 

Trusted Contributor

Watched again tonight and I’m out!  Can’t understand half of what they’re saying and it’s just flat out too disjointed for me. Not one character that I care  about to even find out why they’re so damaged.