Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Rock the Block on HGTV?

@VaBelle35   I'll see your two words and raise you one:  Blush?

I actually thought the pink (and gold) basement wasn't that bad - if you were renting the house as a theme rental. But I can't imagine how much work a buyer for that house will need to put in changing out all the paint and wallpaper choices!!  Takes a very specific person to buy that house as is (and I guess I'm not it!)

It's obvious with David, but is everyone wearing the same clothes every day? I swear I keep forgetting to pay attention (and I think everyone else is in jeans and tee, ) I assume is done for editing, but can anyone confirm?

Mika was so cute getting excited about the heavy metal band!  😄

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego 

OMG the blush!

They do wear the same clothes every day.  Mina talked about this on the special just before episode one.  She said she didn't bring multiples of the same clothes so she had to wash them every day and sometimes she was too tired so she didn't wash them.  LOL

Erin talks about this in relation to Ben, too.  Because it's so hot, he has to change his shirt several times when they're filming the diary outside or the initial walk through if there is no air conditioning in the house.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

And can we talk about Mike Holmes' lamp?  I was impressed with Nates candlesticks, but wow that lamp needs to be auctioned off for charity.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @VaBelle35 .  I assumed they had to, but would always fail to think to pay attention until the very end of the show!  LOL

And agree about the lamp. I'm always amazed at how someone can see random parts and create something so incredible! 

Trusted Contributor

I went back and watched the ending again, None of those basements were a "Wow."  I think so many of the rooms were so small.  It must have cost too much to open it up.  I think the dream basement would have been a large room with a bar and little kitchen and maybe a fireplace.  I think a bathroom is great and then probably a work out room and a play room for the kids.  They must have been saving their money and didn't want to do anything drastic,  except for the bowiling alley.

Honored Contributor

I agree.  They didn't want to put money into it.

I think if Alison was doing one of her homes, she definitely would have made that basement bedroom have a private bathroom.  She said something about it, but adding another bathroom down there would have been a lot of money and they still have to do the front and back yards.  The back yard is going to cost a fortune.

Do you all think they have a fake background behind the homes.  When they were showing the window in the basement, the yard behind it looked fake.

Also when they do their interviews the background looks fake.

I wonder if there's something being built back there and it looks awful so they have a fake background to cover it up during filming.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I agree.  They didn't want to put money into it.

Do you all think they have a fake background behind the homes.  When they were showing the window in the basement, the yard behind it looked fake.

Also when they do their interviews the background looks fake.

I wonder if there's something being built back there and it looks awful so they have a fake background to cover it up during filming.

@VaBelle35  I will look again,  I didn't noice the back grounds but I didn't pay attention, maybe there is something already there,

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It looks like woods from the aerial shots, but maybe those are old.

I was also surprised to see the builder was the Flip or Flip Atlanta couple.  They are also back to judge.

I thought they were dead to HGTV, but we also saw the Flip or Flop Nashville team, so I guess they are all still family.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I wasn't going to watch, but then I saw the Alison Victoria was paired with Mike Holmes, so I'm here for the fireworks.  They are going to burn that house down.

I like Nate and his partner as well, so I am interested to see their design asethic play out.

I have no clue who the others are, other than the guy from the Lottery Dream Home show that they advertise all day long.

I'm disappointed we don't get more Ty.  

@VaBelle35  I don't know anything about this show, but I'm going to have to look into it.  I always enjoy Mike Holmes.  My husband hates him because he finds so many things that need to be fixed.  I have to remind him that the people called him in the first place because their dream home had become a nightmare.  I really just think he's jealous.  It's kinda become a joke at our house.

Looks like it started just before we left for vacation.  I'll have to check my On Demand.  Not much else on TV to watch lately anyways.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   It is much better than I thought it was, and Alison and Mike said in the Behind the Scenes episode this week that they are both staying in their lanes.  They haven't had any major disagreements.  Either one usually defers to the expert in the end.

But they're doing well at this point, so no need to kill each other now.  We'll see in the next two weeks as they get closer to the final.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN