Trusted Contributor

Anyone watching Rock the Block on HGTV?

This restarted last week with a group of new designers.  I like this group and their designs are interesting.  I think Nate and his partner are the "Fords" of this group.  Their designs are beautiful but not practical for the area or a family.  I can't believe I am actually saying this, I think I like Allison this time with Mike.  I think he will stand up to her more with the library color last night.

If they go back and watch last season,  this is judged on highest appraised price.  That usually happens because of more space or rooms added.  The over the top design does not result in a higher price. 

David and his partner had some crazy colors in their entry way but they added a lot of new spaces. 

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Rock the Block on HGTV?

I enjoyed wathching the show last night.  I didn't care for the dark wallpaper in the entryway, as shown in David's house.  I also was not a fan of his fireplace.  Personally, I wouldn't like a bedroom right off the tront door, and the full bathroom, was it closed off to just the bedroom, or was it open to use for the entire main level of the house.  I loved Allison's fireplace and use of full length beams, that room was so bright and grand.  I did not like her dark green room, though the storage was wonderful and would work perfectly for an office/library/parlor right off the front door.

Esteemed Contributor

@TurnerGal  What is the night and time for the new shows?  I caught it last night, but it started late.....like midnight.  I couldn't make it to the end and I really wanted to see the rooms.  I saw last weeks, but I don't remember what day or time.  I agree about Allison and Mike.  When I turned it off I could see there was going to be conflict about the green in the room.  She did a wall that looked just like that last season.  She also brought items from her own stock last year.  Did the couple get called out that took the door that was going to be donated?  I figure that David's will be a bit out there.......and does he ever pick up a tool?  LOL  Same with Jeremiah........  The other contestants all work along with the laborers that are brought in.  

I will be watching once I get it programmed into my DVR....LOL.  The commercials take up too much time.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I am also watching. Not in love with what any of the teams are doing. I especially did not care for David's house, I think the worst is Nate Berkus. Going into the show I thought I would like how Nate Berkus would decorate. No,not at all. I did like how windows were replaced with large doors. I love light, even on a cloudy day.

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@TurnerGal  What is the night and time for the new shows?  I caught it last night, but it started late.....like midnight.  I couldn't make it to the end and I really wanted to see the rooms.  I saw last weeks, but I don't remember what day or time.  I agree about Allison and Mike.  When I turned it off I could see there was going to be conflict about the green in the room.  She did a wall that looked just like that last season.  She also brought items from her own stock last year.  Did the couple get called out that took the door that was going to be donated?  I figure that David's will be a bit out there.......and does he ever pick up a tool?  LOL  Same with Jeremiah........  The other contestants all work along with the laborers that are brought in.  

I will be watching once I get it programmed into my DVR....LOL.  The commercials take up too much time.

The new ones came on here on Monday night at 9:00 eastern time.  They do replay it thru the week,  this is the second one, the first one was Kitchens.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve been so disappointed in David’s and his partner’s designs! But, they have been the most innovative of the teams - even last week, when the moved the entire kitchen format around. I don’t know where the room came from for the closet and full bath - although I suspect it was the pantry since they moved all that around. Looked like there was a separate door for the bedroom, so it looked like the bathroom could be open for anyone on the first floor - I don't remember a separate door into that little space.  Just doors for bathroom and bedroom.

I love a lot of what Nate and his husband are doing, but it’s not practical. I cringed at those glass shelves near the stove last week. Clearly they aren’t the ones doing the cleaning.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 100 Day House couple end up winning it overall, even if they don’t win anything individually.

Honored Contributor

I wasn't going to watch, but then I saw the Alison Victoria was paired with Mike Holmes, so I'm here for the fireworks.  They are going to burn that house down.

I like Nate and his partner as well, so I am interested to see their design asethic play out.

I have no clue who the others are, other than the guy from the Lottery Dream Home show that they advertise all day long.

I'm disappointed we don't get more Ty.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching and like it so far.  I like most of what Nate and Jeremiah have done, but some of their ideas are not practical.  Also like David, but did not like that black wallpaper in the entryway.  Their idea of a mother-in-law suite was good.

Trusted Contributor

I am also concerned that Nate may run out of money.  They spent a lot of money bricking the outside of that house.   They don't really seem concerned with the budget which may really limit what they can do at the end.   The $100K couple were way under budget.  They may be saving money to put in a pool or over the top back yard.  

I get David and his partner want "Color"  but they really have to tone it down a bit.  It will not appeal to the average person.  I think at the end they should not only have an appraisal but maybe 4 regular people to also vote on what they like.  

Honored Contributor

If you didn't watch the preview show, where they went back and revisited last season, it is a must watch.

The segment on Steve Ford was hilarious.  Apparently he was the hit of the cast and "California Steve," as Leanne called him, wasn't really into working very much.

I didn't realize that Leanne moved to California and after having a baby they moved back to PA and now they're doing their new show, Home Again with the Fords.  I'm glad she's not making stupid craft projects this season, like she did in Restored by the Fords.  She's been a little more main stream so far.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN