Contributor

Anyone watching Pam and Tommy?

I saw the 1st episode and wow.....Tommy is a real jerk!

IT'S GOING TO BE A GREAT DAY!
Formerly catlover with over 10,000 posts
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Pam and Tommy?

[ Edited ]

@catlover7777 I did get sucked in. Watched all four episodes.

Amazing the transformation and performance of the actors.

Kind of fascinating. Yes...he's a wild and crazy, rich and spoiled rock star~so much money and adoration~he definitely ate that life up. His new much younger wife..🙄...of course I'm judging but, "an internet star"..ok, whatever. 

Pamela, on the other hand...I YouTubed her a bit...wound up, by all appearances, (all those crazy boyfriends and more marriages notwithstanding)...appears to be a solid mom, and pretty smart, articulate woman, who at least stands for some things beyond her own fame/ego.

Her sons are nice looking young men now~and seem to be pretty grounded. Of course, what do I know, but appearances.

She is now living back in her homeland of Vancouver Island, Canada, in a farm house once owned by her grandparents, she bought from them years ago...she's now renovating to be her
"retirement" home, with cabins for each of her sons on the property. Good for her.

Respected Contributor

@amyb I haven't watched the show, but I told my husband the same thing about Pamela.

She seems nice & like she is a good person. 

She was so naturally beautiful when she was young.

Regular Contributor

No but I watched "Ricki and the Flash" and "Tortilla Soup"

Respected Contributor

i am enjoying this show. they did a horrid job of casting Tommy. can't unsee Chris Kattan in him. The actress portraying Pam on the other hand, is nailing it.

Respected Contributor

@kittyloo wrote:

i am enjoying this show. they did a horrid job of casting Tommy. can't unsee Chris Kattan in him. The actress portraying Pam on the other hand, is nailing it.

I have heard others say that about the actor playing Tommy. I thought he really captured him! Crazy, nutty energy and all!

But, I also knew nothing of that actor or any roles he was in, so I think that's why. And yes, the actress's transformation and mannerisms, capturing Pam is amazing.

Honored Contributor

I'll have to try and catch this one too.  What channel? Look up who played female lead, long been a favorite of mine.

Honored Contributor

@catlover7777 wrote:

I saw the 1st episode and wow.....Tommy is a real jerk!

@catlover7777 

Hadn't heard anything about this .....  Was this a movie or what?   What network?  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lily James, an English actress plays Pam. She was in the last few seasons of Downton Abbey and has been in numerous films. One I remember recently was "Rebecca".

I have not watched this, but now I may add it to my must-watch.  I couldn't imagine Lily James as Pam.

Years ago, there was a reality show about Tommy going back to college. I watched a few episodes and came away thinking he was smart and interesting and charming in real life. Who really knows what these people are like.....

Frequent Contributor

I'm watching it on Hulu.   I don't know if it may be availbale anywhere else.