Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Jeopardy right now?

@BeccaLou wrote:

How do you type in red?

@BeccaLou, to type in color, first highlight your post and then click on the arrow next to the underscored "A" above and choose the color of your choice. You can choose your entire post, or specific words, depending on what you highlight. 

Super Contributor

For what it is worth, I was born and bred on Long Island and I pronounce sherbert the same way as Austin. New Yorkers do not pronounce their "r'" in many words.

I thought he should have won that.

Respected Contributor

I thought the shows were taped ahead of time.  if that is correct the decision has been made,  Most of us will see tonight.

Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie Yes, here in Delaware I have always heard it pronounced sherbert, sounds wrong the "correct" way lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Socially awkward? I find him the opposite. He's comfortable to be himself, interacts with the other contestants, has friends. I'm wondering that some on this BB are living an insular life knowing only those like themselves.

Being socially awkward can manifest in different ways, but one way is, basically perceived as having odd behavior.  It doesn't mean you have no friends. 

One example that comes to mind is Michael Jackson.  He was a dynamic performer on stage, but off stage,  IRL, he was rather shy.  Nevertheless, he had friends.

Honored Contributor

Has no one ever noticed the spelling of sherbet when grocery shopping?  

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Has no one ever noticed the spelling of sherbet when grocery shopping?  

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

Related image

we know the correct spelling!!!  What we are talking about is the pronunciation(s). Many of us pronounce it like Austin despite its spelling without the "r".  The variant pronunciation is recognized.  

Trusted Contributor

@Tchr58 wrote:

I guess I'm in the minority here. I don't like him at all. Smug, arrogant, and he tries to be "cute" which is a major turn off for me. Just play the game. He is very smart, I'll give him that for sure.

Yes, I agree with you,  his "Cute" is very annoying to me...it's like he is saying,  I will win, because I am the smartest.....and yes I think his hair looks like a wig.....glad when he is gone......

Trusted Contributor

Hi...trying the color thing   it worked...thanks......orange for Halloween!

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie

Well, maybe you do, but apparently not everyone does.