Valued Contributor

Anyone watching Jeopardy right now?

The current champion, Austin, has won $278K in seven days!  He is a risk taker and kind of a kook, but very entertaining.  I just set my DVR to record in case I am not home.  If I remember correctly he is a bartender and lives in New York.  He is a character. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Jeopardy right now?

@coconut1818 wrote:

The current champion, Austin, has won $278K in seven days!  He is a risk taker and kind of a kook, but very entertaining.  I just set my DVR to record in case I am not home.  If I remember correctly he is a bartender and lives in New York.  He is a character. Smiley Wink

Yes, and I'm enjoying every minute. I hold my breath every time wagers! It's worked well for him.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coconut1818 wrote:

He is very annoying to me....I will be glad when he is gone....but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon....I want to know how he finds almost every single double Jeopardy card?  The card where he can double his wager or make it really huge, which he does often.. he seems very arrogant to me...

Honored Contributor

I just put it on.  It's 6:50 EST and the news is on.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I love watching Austin! If I'm not mistaken he won $69K last night--in ONE night. I love it. Looking forward to tonight's show. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watching right now in the NYC area and Austin has run away with the game and ha I guessed correctly on the final answer but he did not and the game was still a run away.

Edited to comment on the final answer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@mishka14 wrote:

@coconut1818 wrote:

He is very annoying to me....I will be glad when he is gone....but doesn't look like it will be anytime soon....I want to know how he finds almost every single double Jeopardy card?  The card where he can double his wager or make it really huge, which he does often.. he seems very arrogant to me...

He answers more questions and each time he gets to choose the next so since he chooses more the odds of him finding the double Jeopardy are increased making it likely.

Respected Contributor

He's smart, but sure loves to ham it up for the camera!  I don't mind him, tho. 

Trusted Contributor

I like the way he doesn't jump in and answer every single question.  I don't know if that is a strategy of his, or if he really doesn't know the answer.  

Honored Contributor

As a retired Calculus teacher, I was surprised to see he knew nothing about it.