Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watching I love a Momma's Boy?

I don't have the highest standard for entertainment but this show makes me stabby. I just can't do it. 

Honored Contributor

Okay I admit I watched it for the first time today.  I've been busy working on my Etsy sales orders and had the TV on as background noise...(I'm sick of watching the news...too depressing!). 

So this show comes on and I'm half paying attention but ...wow!!  There are some seriously dysfunctional people!  I have to wonder how much of it is for real and how much is made up?

Honored Contributor

I've known one or two.............Could write a book.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Reality shows are a base of reality amped up to get viewers and those involved sell their dignity for money and fame!!  

Honored Contributor

Even if this show is only half true, it's absolutely horrible!  The people I am the most disgusted with are the women who are involved with the men and stay with them!  The mothers are messed up in the head, as are the men!  Nothing wrong with loving your mother and having great respect for her --- however --- this behavior which is exhibited by both the mother and son --- is neurotic, sick, unhealthy, demented --- and the list goes on and on.  Any woman who has been unfortunate enough to stumble into a relationship with such a man and stays in it for any length of time --- has severe issues as well!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I watch the show and my husband does, too.  Guess his interest was piqued while I was watching.  These girls seem so desperate for a guy.

Emily has been dating Shaqueb, (sp ?),

why.

Justine needs to grow a set!!!

Kim & BF building a home on parents'

property.  Why?  BF snuggling with mom.  Strange. 

Stephanie seems to be somewhat "normal."

The mothers are definitely strange.

I wonder if this show is real, why would any of them want to be on it.   

Respected Contributor

Nope.

Married one the first go-round, divoced shortly after....she was a WITCH. (and that's my PG version)

Honored Contributor

I can't even talk myself into looking at this one!  Smiley Very Happy   I don't know how y'all do it, but I'll read the threads.   Smiley Embarassed

It's just too much for me, as was the other one with the females and their mothers.   I wonder if this one is fake, too?

Honored Contributor

@northiie57 wrote:

The title says it all! they are not men...boys!  Complete train wreck!  This show kinda angers me at the mothers behavior.....I have to stop watching this ******....but it's like an accident you got to still keep looking lol

Of course this is a REALITY SHOW...and everything shown is done to the extreme for entertainment, I guess as long as you keep that in your mind while watching it...knowing that is is purely entertainment... and acting....then it seems it is working for you. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Hey, I have an excess of time these days -only so many PBS, NatGeo I can watch, LOL  And trying to offset news a bit with humor.

As far as it makes me feel normal, I meant in COMPARISON to these nutjobs.  I also watch Welcome to Plathville.

(Now you'll think I'm the lowest of the low...)  Woman Tongue

Denise