Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Dr. Phil today 1/16 ?

A very sad and tragic story. 

I did notice that during all those hysterics, there were no tears.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

A very sad and tragic story. 

I did notice that during all those hysterics, there were no tears.

@colliegirls, I noticed the "no tears" too.  With her admitting she wrote his show 5 times, (and obviously would have to know she'd have to be on the show), I felt Dr. Phil was very fair with her.

The doctor they in the audience talking about the "genetic" disorder spoke very well also.  I'm glad that was discussed because it needed to be addressed.

The majority of the time she never looked up with her eyes and even after Dr. Phil (near the end) asked her to look at him, she refused.  She made it clear she needed help, but when she had all those excuses as to why she couldn't go, that was it for me.

At this point, I'm not even sure what she reported what happened to her was all true because of the way she was acting.

I certainly hope she takes him up on his offer and I'd love to know what surgery she is having since she said it was "already paid up front". 

Super Contributor

I thought the same....and lack of actual tears despite "heavy sobs" sent up alot of red flags to me.....did anyone think the bearded doctor looked a little off too ????

Super Contributor

Noticed that too !

Super Contributor

When she did that I felt she was placing "conditions" on getting help...that way if Dr Phil didn't satisfy one of the conditions she was free to leave the facility or not have to go at all.....familiar with this behavior ...my late mil pulled this stunt all the time

Super Contributor

I watch Dr Phil because it's on a time slot where nothing else is on. But his shows are awful lately and strange guests.  It seems like these people could be making up some of these stories. Then he is promoting this new life coach and not only his book and now other cosmetic companies like No7 and a new one the other day. It's like a infomercial show. Oh and can't forget that both he and his wife have a Podcast shows. Maybe he should step aside now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I stopped watching Dr. Phil long ago when his shows morphed into sensationalist Jerry Springer and National Enquirer type stories. This story sounds like Dr.l Phil is still on that trend. I was also so tired of all the self promotion for him and his family---his books, his one son's writing and tv production company , his other son's band, and also for his wife's cosmetic business.....

@fresh kitty  

I watch the Game Show Network much more enjoyable afternoon.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I don't watch Dr Phil, Maury Povich, Jerry Springer or any other show that is like those.  They are all so scripted.  They insult my intelligence.

Respected Contributor

That lady was one confused individual!  And, extremely emotionally fragile.  So, she "harrasses" Dr. Phil until she gets on his show, proceeds to boo-hoo through the entire thing yet with no visible tears, then when he offers help she has a basketful of excuses.  What exactly was her reason for contacting him in the first place?  She has a very tragic story but it was very frustrating to watch.