Honored Contributor

DH and I just started watching this show yesterday.

We've watched all 10 episodes!

It's good.  I hope it is continued.

Anyone else watching?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Dead to Me?

@Lucky Charm   started it the other night. it was ok.  i was suprised to see christina applegate look so....... her age? 

i think she plays the part well. 

towards the end of the first episode, when the friend revealed what was in her storage unit.... i felt the plot would be somewhat predictable. 

maybe i'll watch another episode see what shakes out.

Esteemed Contributor

I wondered about this show. May give it a try. Finished Rectify this weekend. Pretty good show. Kinda blue, but good all the same. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm , loved it! Heart

Starting watching on Friday and finished Sunday but only because I forced myself to save a few episodes. I could have binged right through all 10 in a row but you know how when you enjoy something so much that you just don't want it to end? I was so sad when it was over, lol! 

I hope it's continued for season 2! With the way things ended they could so much with the story. I did read that if the next season gets the go-ahead it will be 2020 before it gets to Netflix. Looks like we're going to have to be patient. 

Honored Contributor

@kittyloo I hope you give it more than one episode!  It has so many twists and turns.  Some are predictable, but they still take your breath away.

It's a traumedy--a term I'm not familiar with.  Seeing Will Farrell as an executive producer, I see the strange humor.

Honored Contributor

We just got netflix in mid Jan. and I'm ashamed at how many shows we've binge watched.  ASHAMED!

So many series (watched all seasons of Mad Men, Billions, Shameless, Schitt's Creek and now this!!).  We'll stay up until the wee hours of the morning, just to finish a series off.

Stopped watching Jeopardy live and tape it.  A months worth of that to watch now!

Seeing so many different actors making the rounds in these shows.  

Judy (in Dead to Me), was the married apartment neighbor Don Draper had an affair with.  Van from Reba (also major role in Shameless) had a small part in D2M.  

Steve, Judy's ex BF reminded me so much of Tom Brady, I felt like it was TB.

I was so bummed we watched the entire season in such a short time.  I thought this was a show that there would be 6 or 7 more seasons to watch.  Boo Hoo!!

Respected Contributor

Started watching it this past weekend by mistake.  I didn't want to watch it but it started as a default and after the first episode I was hooked.  I like the twists!  Thank you to whomever mentioned Linda Cardellini in Mad Men because I knew I had seen her somewhere.

Regular Contributor

I just watched the first four episodes last night and can't wait to get home tonight to watch more! So many twists! 

Super Contributor

Binged it over the weekend and loved it. I agree with the poster who said Christina Applegate looks a bit 'too real' but I also appreciate it. I do think she's had some bad filler done in the past and her skin isn't looking the best but her acting is A+ her comedic timing in a show that has a very serious undertone is absolutely amazing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that Christina looks good.

Her character incorporated into the storyline a double mastectomy-- just as in her real life.

Boy can she dance!  Anyone see the dance class scene yet?

Her ex mother in law is creeeeepy.  Never saw this actress before--is she in any other shows?  Her eyes staring through Judy when they first met.  Yikes!