Valued Contributor

Both my husband and I are really enjoying this 'new' Dallas and have been since they brought it back on TNT.

After watching last night's episode, I see they just announced that next week is the season finale. It seems like it only just started again and now it's ending already.

I also saw where there will be a "Ewing death", so I guess we'll have to wait and see who's leaving the show. I really hope it's not going to be Bobby.

Just wondering about anyone else's thoughts, etc.

Honored Contributor

I think what these cable channels do is split up a season of about 13 episodes in two. This way it doesn't seem like a year since it's been on. I know Suits, Covert Affairs, and Rizzoli & Isles are all coming back in the winter. I watch a show called Haven on SYFY that came back 2 weeks ago which seemed like it hadn't been on for over a year.

Honored Contributor

I have tried to watch it because my friend I eat dinner with watches it. However, it doesn't hold my interest. I have watched it here and there.

I saw that announcement but I did notice that they showed Bobby's wife (I believe she's his wife) when they were saying that. She's an Ewing. Just saying. The other people are an integral part of the show.

Now mind you I've only seen a total of maybe 45 minutes or so total but I have to wonder if they're setting Bobby up (eventually) to have a romance with whomever that woman is he picked up and too her to her son/nephew(?) to help him. She's beautiful and it seemed like maybe they had a romance at one time.

I have not idea, I'm just really guessing.

Valued Contributor

I'm a Dallas fan from way back. I started watching the new one because Larry Hagman was on, of course.

The first half of this season aired earlier this year and then it took a break, that's why the season seems so short.

I am hoping the Ewing that dies is not Bobby, but maybe the poster is right who thinks its Anne.

I like the show but its not the bomb that the first series was. I think the role of Emma needs a spicier actress, the one that's on is kind of "blah" to be playing a sexy villianess. I like John Ross Jr. and Christopher, and the actress that plays Pamela is awesome.

I will be glad when this Cartel story is over with though. The show is needing a new dimension somehow. Another Ewing relative, past or new, with charisma and energy would be a winner, to me.

I always wonder about Lucy and Ray. Geesh, are they supposed to be a couple? (Incest, yuck) What have they been doing with themselves for the last 20 or so years, do either of them have children of their own? Dallas had a rich history and there are LOTS of characters and their children out there...what about Jenna and Lucas?

There is a lot of room for new characters and I think they are needed, and/or more character development of various family members.

Contributor

I really enjoy the new Dallas. The plot moves along much quicker than when the series aired years ago. I did love the old Dallas when it was on and watched it religiously. Wish they would resurrect it.

Since we live in South Texas, I had to laugh when Ann was not sure, when they were let out of the truck, whether they were in Texas or Mexico. In some remote areas here, you really cannot tell the difference.

I also enjoy seeing the actors appearing from the old series from time to time. It's like seeing old friends you have not seen for a few years.

Next week's 2-hour finale should be pretty exciting.

They can kill off either Emma or Elena as far as I'm concerned. Both are lousy actresses.

Hope they renew this series. I do not know how it is doing as far as ratings.

Honored Contributor

I can't stand to look at the one who is dark haired. She used to be on a soap (I think GL) and looked beautiful.

Now her face is so thin it looks what my Grandma would say, "long and drawn-out". It looks so strained every time she tries to show emotion.

I know it's stupid but I just don't like the way (to me) it affects her acting.

Trusted Contributor

The new Dallas is exciting, last nights episode was a thriller,they have to move into the new more violent life style cause now a days that's what is on the t.v. .I think it will be his wife who dies.he will save her daughter as she will tell him to take her and leave her.I don't care for all the violence and the old Dallas was an excellent show,but those days are gone I am afraid.

Honored Contributor

Still the old cat and mouse Dallas, everyone trying to out do the other as far as love and the oil biz. Love it, the hour moves so quick.

Valued Contributor

I agree that the hour goes quickly. Still love the 'updated' version of Dallas. I'm guessing it won't be Bobby since the previews said that he and Sue Ellen make a strong alliance with one another. I just hate to see Anne leave the show.

Super Contributor

i LOOOOVE it! it is so well done and each episode gets better and better.

i had forgotten that they split the season into two parts so when they said next week was the season finale i was shocked for a few seconds! the hour goes by so quickly - i am so into what is going on.

if anyone has to go - i nominate emma! i would not miss her at all.

i don't want it to be Anne. i really like her!