Respected Contributor

Anyone watching Afterlife on Netflix

I just started watching today and ended up watching 7 episodes. It stars Ricky Gervais in a dark comedy.He plays a man who recently lost his beloved wife to breast cancer. It shows his fight with depression and some drugs but with the help of his friends he s begins to change and wants to come out of his dark place. He is excellent in this role and since I have seen him being funny, this was a real change. 

Contributor

Re: Anyone watching Afterlife on Netflix

Surprisingly,  I enjoy this series.  Its dark, but not too dark;  funny enough for the seriousness of the topic, & have developed a real liking of the quirky characters....well, maybe except for the psychiatrist

Regular Contributor

Oooo! I love Ricky Gervais! One of my fave movies is The Invention of Lying! I think it’s still on Netflix. I’ll be sure to watch Afterlife now. Plus he’s a cat lover, which I’m sure makes no difference to anyone else but me. 😻

Honored Contributor

We are currently living the life of tragedy. Not about to watch something else to make me more depressed.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched the first season and may visit season 2 in the future. RG is good and I love his dog.

Honored Contributor

I made the mistake of watching both season last Sunday. My mother passed away on January 31, I'm not in a good place, the show had me crying.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved it.  I cried some but laughed so much more. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I just finished watching Hollywood which I loved and decided to check out Afterlife.  I have never been a fan of Ricky Gervais but I didn't let that stop me from watching.  I haven't gotten very far into it but I will say the psychiatrist turned me off, other than that I am going to continue watching because it is an interesting subject and I want to see a very disturbed man slowly, but surely, enjoy life again.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam