Trusted Contributor

Anyone watch the Country Music Association Awards?

Did anyone watch the Country Music Association Awards?  What were your favorite parts and least favorite parts?

I love Faith Hill, so it was nice to see her perform with Tim McGraw.  They're releasing a new duets album this month.  

I also liked Carrie Underwood's In Memoriam segment.  She got very emotional toward the end.  I didn't like the camera work because I couldn't see all the people's names and their place in the industry.  

I didn't like the goat in the dressing room bit.

I liked the tributes some of the performers did and I thought it was nice that Eddie Montgomery came out to perform in memory of his partner.  

I also liked Pink's performance.  I thought her stage was simply elegant.

Overall, they did a nice job of balancing old country with new country.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch the Country Music Association Awards?

I watched!

Loved it!

I  think Faith has lost her voice, she just doesn't have it anymore, but love to see her back on the stage.

I cried during Carrie Underwoods In Memoriam segment. It was just beautiful, and she did become emotional at the end, I just wish the camera had captured it. 

Keith Urban's performance was great too.

Honored Contributor

I didn’t get to see all of it but I loved what I saw.  The theme of harmony was wonderful.

Softly And Tenderly had me mesmerized.

Respected Contributor

Didn't watch. Not a country fan.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched some of it, went to bed before 10. There really are some beautiful women in country music and some of the dresses were so pretty too. Kelsea Ballerini looked gorgeous in that gold dress, in the duet with Reba. Like an old time movie star.

Miranda looked beautiful too, whatever song I saw her perform. It wasn't Tin Man, I'm in love with that song.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I watched about the first half hour. I was shocked at how horribly skinny Faith Hill looked when she came on stage (with her hubby) when she had her hair up. She looks terrible! I saw her later, sitting in the audience, with her hair down again and she looks much better. Maybe she just shouldn't wear her hair up? 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I actually watched the whole show.  It was so good.  

Little Big Town’s tribute to Glen Campbell’s Witchita Lineman was excellent.  Glen’s family was there - so touching 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching the rest of it now.  

I'm surprised more people weren't premiering brand new songs tonight.  That used to be the big thing with this show.

I agree about Faith's voice.  Did she miss her cue or something?  Because she looked like she was running on stage at the beginning.  I'm not sure if there's an issue with her voice or the fact that she has taken diction lessons for acting and that may have messed with the way she sings.  It's very noticeable on the recorded version of Speak to a Girl.  When she sings it live, it sounds much better and more natural.  However, last night I think the way she was singing had more to do with singing live with Tim than anything else.  In the studio, they can make adjustments, but when it's live all she can do is hold back.  He isn't a powerful singer with a lot of range and I think she adjusts for that when they sing live.  I also noticed that the last time they sang on an awards show a few months ago, she looked very nervous, probably because she was starting alone on stage.  I noticed she kept looking over at the other stage to see if he was there because it was dark.  She was giddy with relief when they were done.  (I notice that Trisha Yearwood also adjusts when she sings live with Garth for the same reason).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Why isn't Reba allowed to sing by herself anymore?  What is up with that?  On the ACMs, she had to make her new single a duet with a Christian artist.

Last night, they made her sing with Kelsea.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I love Alan Jackson.  For some reason, probably because I'm a huge George Strait fan, I didn't really appreciate Alan Jackson until the last few years.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN