Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch the Country Music Association Awards?

Garth will probably talk about it on Studio G tonight (Facebook live and Sirius/XM 55).

He did 5 or 7 shows last weekend, and Bobby Bones said today that he wasn't feeling well last night, so at the last minute he decided to lip sync.

But at least he announced it and didn't try to hide it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Regarding some of the "older" female artists, I've noticed that they no longer sing as well as they did in their earlier years.  I noticed it in myself as well.  I used to sing in church but as the years went by, I could no longer make the high notes and just flat out could not sing!  It is now happening to Reba, Trisha, Faith, even Dolly.  Old age catches, and changes us all, I guess!!

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I  think Faith has lost her voice, she just doesn't have it anymore, but love to see her back on the stage.

@Mominohio I saw Tim and Faith earlier this year for their Soul 2 Soul tour and her voice was very powerful, to the point where I thought the sound engineers should have either turned down her mic a little or turned his up a little.  When I saw her she sounded great.  I will admit I'm a biased fan, though.  Smiley Wink   

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I  think Faith has lost her voice, she just doesn't have it anymore, but love to see her back on the stage.

@Mominohio I saw Tim and Faith earlier this year for their Soul 2 Soul tour and her voice was very powerful, to the point where I thought the sound engineers should have either turned down her mic a little or turned his up a little.  When I saw her she sounded great.  I will admit I'm a biased fan, though.  Smiley Wink   

@Stargazer77

I'm glad to hear it!

I've seen her live on TV several times over the last couple of years, and thought her voice was weak, lost it's great tone, and it appeared to me when they sang together, he was definitely playing the bigger role, almost like he was covering for her lack of ability now. 

Carrie Underwood's strong and pure voice reminds me of the strength Faith used to have. I certainly hope she is doing as well as you have noticed. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I wasn't a fan of a lot of Carrie's outfits.  Some of them were just horrible.

@Lipstickdiva  Totally agree on Carrie's outfits.  There was not one that I liked. That young woman sure does have some kind of voice! There were many dresses/outfits on many performers that just did not appeal.....

Honored Contributor

I would disagree about the "older" women losing their ability to sing.  Reba still sounds fantastic as do Faith and Trisha. 

I know several people who saw Tim and Faith in concert earlier in the year, including my sister, and they all gave glowing reviews. 

My DH and a friend saw Garth Brooks in concert earlier in the year and he said it was one of the best concerts he's seen. Trisha opened for him and Dh said she was very good.  He's not a huge Garth or Trisha fan either so no bias from him.

He said Garth's concert was very long, not like some of the other typical concerts he's been to.  He even called Trisha back out during his show so they could do some songs together.  She reluctantly came back out in no make-up and sweatpants and sweat shirt to sing with him.   

Honored Contributor

As an aside, Reba is hosting A Country Christmas this year which I believe is on ABC the Wednesday following Thanksgiving.  The last couple of years I believe it was hosted by Jennifer Nettles.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I was getting tired of Jennifer  hosing the show and i think Reba will be a better host.

BTW...did you notice that jennifer and her old singing partner  gave out a awar  dand hinted that 

"Sugarland" might win another award  sometime...so hoping  that they are back singing together again!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."