Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

A lot of them are using autotune in some form to mask their voice or to enhance it if they are not a trained singer.

I think that's what's throwing it off.

Any thoughts on if the monster could be a woman?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was clicking thru channels last night and happened upon the show - must have been a rerun!  I watched most of it and was quite intrigued! 

I don't know too many of the current singers/

athletes/celebs, but I enjoyed the mystery of the show. Loved the costumes...quite elaborate!!

Wasn't crazy about the judges....comments seemed silly and forced!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

A lot of them are using autotune in some form to mask their voice or to enhance it if they are not a trained singer.

I think that's what's throwing it off.

Any thoughts on if the monster could be a woman?

Really?? I didn't think that would be fair to anyone. How do you know some of them are using autotune? @VaBelle35  I think they lip sync to their own prerecorded songs but not autotuned.

Honored Contributor

Last week's reveal used it at the closing when he was singing.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

My sister is really good at this show.  She guessed who the deer was when the deer first appeared by just the clues alone.  I figured it out by the mannerisms last week.  She also figured out who the peacock is (I too think I know) and thinks she knows who the unicorn and the lion is.  I think her guesses may be right but can't wait to find out. I do think maybe they should unmask 2 at a time instead of just one...just to move it along.  Plus I don't want to lose interest in it if it drags on and on. 

Honored Contributor

@heart of savino wrote:

THE DUMBEST SHOW EVER PUT ON TELEVISION.

@heart of savino

It was really painful to watch .....   Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

I had heard about this show but didn't know much about it.  I stumbled on it last night and I really enjoyed watching it.  I agree with the folks that don't care for the judges and I think a limited run is perfect for this format but I will watch the remaining shows.

Honored Contributor

I was right about the Poodle!! I knew who it was from the clues. See my post:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think the Bee might be Gladys Knight...the voice sounded like her to me.

Poodle - Margaret Cho

Rabbit - JC Chasez (from NSYNC). His solo album was titled Schizophrenic, Rabbit costume included a straight jacket.

Raven - Rikki Lake, ex died in 2017, clues were she suffered a tragic loss and she hosted a talk show.

Alien - no idea who that one might be but I don't think it's a Kardashian.

@SilleeMee,

I agree with all and never thought of Margatet Cho. The Alien had me thinking Brady Bunch but then I thought maybe much younger.

The clues for the poodle were Bay Area roots (San Francisco), a rainbow background (LGBTQ) and a stand-up (comedian). @DREAMON

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I was right about the Poodle!! I knew who it was from the clues. See my post:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think the Bee might be Gladys Knight...the voice sounded like her to me.

Poodle - Margaret Cho

Rabbit - JC Chasez (from NSYNC). His solo album was titled Schizophrenic, Rabbit costume included a straight jacket.

Raven - Rikki Lake, ex died in 2017, clues were she suffered a tragic loss and she hosted a talk show.

Alien - no idea who that one might be but I don't think it's a Kardashian.

@SilleeMee,

I agree with all and never thought of Margatet Cho. The Alien had me thinking Brady Bunch but then I thought maybe much younger.

The clues for the poodle were Bay Area roots (San Francisco), a rainbow background (LGBTQ) and a stand-up (comedian). @DREAMON

I was working in my office last night and I totally forgot it was on...have to watch ON DEMAND.

Respected Contributor

I do not like reality competition shows but I love this one because it's done for fun. The costumes are amazing and I like the mystery of it all. The judges can be annoying but Ken cracks me up. I guessed the Poodle, and I think I know who the Bee and Peacock are.