Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

[ Edited ]

I don't know who the  Rottweiler is - but it definitely isn't Chris Daughtry. I've seen him 'live' several times  and his voice is smooth and rich with a great range. It doesn't have the tone as  the Rottweiler.

The flower is Patti for sure! Her birthday (5/24) was even a clue this week.

I think the leopard is Ru Paul. He does lots of behind the scenes production work on his show, and that's what the clue related to this week. 

I was thinking Flamingo was Kristin Chenoweth- with the mention of not liking her speaking voice and getting her start with a wizard ("'Wicked"). But with the NAACP Award clue this week? It's probably Fantasia.  

Honored Contributor

I'm vascillating between Billy Porter and RuPaul for the leopard.  But then, I'm not so good with this.

One thing that is a drag is that, what with my hearing challenges, I almost cannot hear anything they say when they use the voice-modifying thing.   Maybe it's the pitch that it creates, I don't know, but it's frustrating especially since my wireless headphones died and, thankfully, I think I finally have a replacement.   I didn't realize how much I depend on them for some of my tv viewing.

As for the judges and all - come on, it's just FUN.   I'm having pretty bad days lately and I'll tell ya, I can get up the next morning, and after taking care of everybody else, I sit down to watch this show once a week because it is a lot of fun and laughs.   I feel better than I did before I watched, and that = Priceless!  Smiley Happy

Dr Ken is a sweet man, IMO.  He's even self-deprecating and just having fun.  I really enjoy them all and, to be honest, Robin Thicke use to skeeve me out.  I don't know why, but he always did.   It's a fun group and I really love it when Anthony Anderson joins the group.    

I think it would be totally hilarious if Donny Wahlberg (my favorite Wahlberg!) were to end up being one of the contestants and Jenny had no idea.  That would be quite the coup.  

Valued Contributor

I guessed it was Sherri Shepherd just by her height and bulid in the costume.  Not sure of the others though.  I thought maybe the Leopard was RuPaul but it doesn't sound like his voice singing.  Some of the mannerisms are similar but I was thinking maybe Dennis Rodman?  I do think the butterfly is Michele Williams from Destinly's Child. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I don't know who the  Rottweiler is - but it definitely isn't Chris Daughtry. I've seen him 'live' several times  and his voice is smooth and rich with a great range. It doesn't have the tone as  the Rottweiler.

The flower is Patti for sure! Her birthday (5/24) was even a clue this week.

I think the leopard is Ru Paul. He does lots of behind the scenes production work on his show, and that's what the clue related to this week. 

I was thinking Flamingo was Kristin Chenoweth- with the mention of not liking her speaking voice and getting her start with a wizard ("'Wicked"). But with the NAACP Award clue this week? It's probably Fantasia.  

I stand corrected- the  Rottweiler is Chris Daughtry!! I 'heard' that infamous tone last night- plus all the clues (NC, got famous in an unusual way) fit him perfectly. 

Honored Contributor

I was surprised that it was Kelly Osbourne last night!!!! She really got rid of her English accent very well.....She did very well, I think!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree.  Kelly was a surprise because of her accent.

Although I had no clue who it might be anyway.   LOL

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Good job, Kelly! 

That was fun.   This show is just my Thursday morning smiles.  It's so silly and fun, plus lots of great talent.

Honored Contributor

I thought she was really good too.  I know many singers use 'auto-tune' so I'd be interested in seeing (hard to tell) if she was actually singing after she took off her head costume.

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

I think Thingamajig is an athlete. I keep thinking Dennis Rodman but can't imagine Dennis getting it together enough to do this show.

Flamingo still has me thinking Adrian from The Real.

Flower- Patti La Belle

Leopard- Billy Porter or Ru Paul

Butterfly-Mel B

I have no ideas for the Rotweiler

The Fox..maybe Wayne Brady

I really enjoy the show....not as much as last season for some reason but I still like it.

@DREAMON wrote:

I think Thingamajig is an athlete. I keep thinking Dennis Rodman but can't imagine Dennis getting it together enough to do this show.

Flamingo still has me thinking Adrian from The Real.

Flower- Patti La Belle

Leopard- Billy Porter or Ru Paul

Butterfly-Mel B

I have no ideas for the Rotweiler

The Fox..maybe Wayne Brady

I really enjoy the show....not as much as last season for some reason but I still like it.

@DREAMON 

Based on what I keep seeing online, here's what a lot of people are guessing:

Thingamajig is Victor Oladipo from The Pacers who sings and learned sign language because his sister is deaf. When he gets praise from the audience & judges, he put his hands up and waves them, the sign for applause.  

Nearly everyone thinks the Flamingo is Adrienne and Flower Patti LaBelle.

Leopard - Seal

Butterfly - Michelle Williams who used to be in Destiny's Child

Rottweiler - Chris Daughtry

Fox - Wayne Brady

Ladybug, at first I thought it was Vanna White, but after last night I think it's Kelly Osbourne. For Tree, I've seen a lot of different guesses, from one of the Mowry twins, to Ana Gasteyer, to Carla Hall from The Chew, to Ayesha Curry. That one has me completely stumped. 

@Cumbercookie13 You were right with the Kelly Osbourne guess......She really disguised her British accent well.

Honored Contributor

I was really surprised it was Kelly...she was great.