Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

At first I thought it was RuPaul too but RuPaul can sing and the leopard doesn't sound like he has any singing training.  I think it's Dennis Rodman.  It sounds like his rapsy voice and I swear I remember hearing about him trying a singing career with somone.  

Trusted Contributor

My husband and I watch it every week and we love it.  We try to guess who it may be but we never have a clue.  I love the costumes, they are gorgeous! 

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped watching this show because of the judges.  They are making the show too much about themselves and that Doc was so obnoxious!  Love the costumes and I do catchup with winner/losers online. 

I am finding that most of these 'competition' shows are highlighting the judges too much.  In my mind,they should not be more important that the show's competitors.  One of the reason I stopped watching Dance With Stars and The Voice.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've seen Billy Porter on Broadway - and the Leopard's  singing voice sounds so much like him.  That diva leopard costume is soooo him also! I love watching his red carpet appearances for the awards shows- you never know what's next with his creativity!. 

RuPaul also has that sense of creativity. There are a lot of clues that could be Billy - or RuPaul. The mention of the 'catwalk', 'set myself free' when younger/choosing to be me', 'not caring what I'm wearing', etc. But Australia was mentioned;  Billy doesn't have a connection to Australia- RuPaul's partner is Australian though.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

With all the talk about the Leopard being Seal I googled him. He's a coach on The Voice Australia! There's the Australia connection. Plus the 'catwalk' clue refreneces Heidi Klum. His career has been quieter in recent years, the show would be a little PR. 

Honored Contributor

Thingamajig is my favorite and I started the tears when I saw he would sing "Rainbow" by Kacey Musgraves, one of my favorite songs.  He really moved the judges but also many in the audience with his rendition.

I believe the guesses out there that he is Victor Oladipo are on the mark-he did have a wrist injury one time and back spasms another time, so rehab fits.

The sign language also fits because one of his sisters went deaf in second grade.

I hope he wins.

Image result for thingamajig

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@corita I so agree about the judges, especially Ken.  I record the show and then watch it in about 20 minutes.  I only watch the performances (some of those I even FF) and then watch the reveal.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@corita I so agree about the judges, especially Ken.  I record the show and then watch it in about 20 minutes.  I only watch the performances (some of those I even FF) and then watch the reveal.

@VanSleepy   I also agreed about Ken.  I don't find him funny and the Bjork jokes are getting really stale.

I get tired of Jenny constantly shouting "WHO IS IT?" as though we will never know.

Nicole and Robin are ok by me.

I watch on HULU so no commercials and I do the same; I do watch some clues but basically just watch the performances, new clue, and reveals.

Still a good show, though.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

I'm a latecomer to this thread so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned.  I'm pretty sure everyone is lip syncing because the inside of those costumes look like they'd give a person heat stroke and would take way too much energy to belt out a flawless song and some dance too.  Not buying it. 

I too was surprised by Kelly but she seemed the most likely to be lip syncing especially when she sang her final song after the ladybug head was removed.  It was like she was trying hard to sing on cue when suddenly the music started.  Most people can sing in a studio with tweaks here and tweaks there to enhance their voice......Kelly for sure can't sing live in any kind of acceptable form. 

Super Contributor

Is anyone watching tonight? I swear that I hear Fantasia as the voice of the Butterfly AND Jamie Foxx as the Fox.

Love this show and I await your guesses. 😊