Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

I was so surprised the Ladybug was Kelly, I didn't know she could sing. I also agree The Flower is Patti LaBelle, the voice and mannerisms are spot on for her. Ken gave a good guess that the Rottweiler is Gavin DeGraw (whom I love). Whoever the Rottweiler is can really sing, I loved last night's performance.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2  Totally agree that the flower is Patti LaBelle.  It's so obvious.

She's an amazing cook.  Her specialities are pies I believe.

She even sells them with a company.

Patti LaBelle has a new pie at Walmart — and the TODAY anchors can't get enough

https://www.today.com/food/patti-labelle-s-has-new-pie-available-walmart-t148949

Honored Contributor

Every time I see or hear of her I remember about 1 year ago (it may have been a repeat), Miss LaBelle contacted The Dog Whisperer (he has his own show) and asked him if he could help her with a huge (I mean really huge) dog she had.

She even had a trainer for the dog but she couldn't herself control the dog.

Long story short the trainer ended up with the dog.  This dog was the size of a small pony.  She was very upset that she couldn't handle the dog.

But in the end it did find a good home with someone who knew how to 'handle' this massive dog.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was so surprised the Ladybug was Kelly, I didn't know she could sing. I also agree The Flower is Patti LaBelle, the voice and mannerisms are spot on for her. Ken gave a good guess that the Rottweiler is Gavin DeGraw (whom I love). Whoever the Rottweiler is can really sing, I loved last night's performance.

@Jordan2 Gavin DeGraw is from upstate NY, Chris Daughtry is from NC. It's Chris for sure! The flower is defintiely Patti- her voice is stellar- and sooo unique. 

Honored Contributor

Patti Labelles' Pies are good, we have tried them. The Sweet Potato is good, but a little too sweet. Her Cobblers are good... 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Patti Labelles' Pies are good, we have tried them. The Sweet Potato is good, but a little too sweet. Her Cobblers are good... 

@CANDLEQUEEN  remember when she had a jewelry line on  HSN? I have one of her tennis bracelets,  it's beautifully made. I think I'm going to dig it out and wear it in honor of 'the flower' !! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Well no surprise last night! My husband even watched with me, which was shocking-he normally doesn't like these type of shows.....Can't wait to see who the Leopard is!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep....Patti was no surprise at all ..she has such a distinctive voice that it was obvious it was her. Her pies and cobblers are very good. 

I originally thought the Leopard was Ru Paul or Billy Porter but last night I heard Seal. I think he is trying to throw us off by acting very flamboyant.

Honored Contributor

I knew the Flower was Patti LaBelle, the voice and the mannerisms are Patti. She was probably thinking she was the best singer in the competition and should still be in it. The Leopard to me sounds like Seal.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I knew the Flower was Patti LaBelle, the voice and the mannerisms are Patti. She was probably thinking she was the best singer in the competition and should still be in it. The Leopard to me sounds like Seal.

I knew it was Patti from the beginning just like you; not only because of her voice but her mannerisms. There was just something so "Patti" about her body language. I truly believe that she would still be in the competition if she had chosen a more powerful, in-your-face song that would have better showcased her amazing voice.

ITA with you and @DREAMON that the Leopard is Seal. I really had no idea until one of the judges said last night that the Leopard's voice sounded like Seal. I had originally thought it was RuPaul who I've seen perform live twice; once at a club here in D.C. and many years ago in Las Vegas. He was so nice after the show in Vegas, signing autographs and cracking jokes. Love him and love The Masked Singer!