Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

"Flower- Patti La Belle"

I don't understand why anyone would not know it was her.   Stevie Wonder could "see" that. Smiley LOL

Her voice is very hard to disguised.  She sings all of her songs the same way. 

"The Fox..maybe Wayne Brady"

Or Jamie Foxx

Both are excellent impressionists.

Spoiler
I didn't know Sheri Sheppard could sing! Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the costumes and the songs.  I could do without the same comments from the judges every single time.  Dr. Ken is obnoxious.

DH is not a big fan but I do watch on HULU the next day to fast forward through the comments; I just want to see the performances and the reveal.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DREAMON wrote:

I think Thingamajig is an athlete. I keep thinking Dennis Rodman but can't imagine Dennis getting it together enough to do this show.

Flamingo still has me thinking Adrian from The Real.

Flower- Patti La Belle

Leopard- Billy Porter or Ru Paul

Butterfly-Mel B

I have no ideas for the Rotweiler

The Fox..maybe Wayne Brady

I really enjoy the show....not as much as last season for some reason but I still like it.

I also think the Fox is Wayne Brady and the Leopard is Billy Porter.

I thought the Flower was Patti LaBelle, but the clues about the French flag threw me off last night. My friend thinks it's Tina Turner. Maybe because LaBelle is French for "The Beautiful" and Lady Marmalade has French lyrics? I can't find any other association between Patti LaBelle and France.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

I enjoy the costumes and the songs.  I could do without the same comments from the judges every single time.  Dr. Ken is obnoxious.

DH is not a big fan but I do watch on HULU the next day to fast forward through the comments; I just want to see the performances and the reveal.

--------------

I only watch it for the costumes....they are really amazing!!  I really don't know many of the current singers. The show is so slow...especially when the judges are 'talking'.  That Dr. K is ruining the show for me...he is so off putting!  There are times when even the other judges give him that 'look'!!

Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I think Thingamajig is an athlete. I keep thinking Dennis Rodman but can't imagine Dennis getting it together enough to do this show.

Flower- Patti La Belle

Butterfly-Mel B

I really enjoy the show....not as much as last season for some reason but I still like it.

In my area, everyone thinks Thingamajig is Indiana Pacer basketball player Victor Oladipo.

1. He was drafed by the Orlando Magic (the magic clue)

2. He currently plays for the Indiana Pacers (keep the pace clue)

3. The suit is in blue & gold colors (Pacer colors)

4. His number in college & the pros is 4

5. His birthday is May 4th (the Chewbacca clue)

6. He was injured in January and has been in rehab for that. (the rehab clue)

7. He has a sister who is deaf (the ASL book clue from last night)

8. He does sing & has released some EP's. Check out his cover of the song "A Song For You"

9. He does use the word feathery alot on social media

10. The Pacers & Bulls are NBA rivals in the same division (Don't run with the bulls clue)

Just my 2 cents worth.

--Jeri

Honored Contributor

I think the Leopard is definitely Billy Porter!

Honored Contributor

I was getting tired of Jenny, thinking everyone was Sherri Shepherd last season and this one. Finally it was Sherri, now Jenny can move on from her.

Honored Contributor

@IUredhead  WOW!  You're good.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Flower- Patti La Belle

Butterfly-Mel B

@DREAMON wrote:

Flower- Patti La Belle

Butterfly-Mel B

@DREAMON 

Based on what I keep seeing online, here's what a lot of people are guessing:

Thingamajig is Victor Oladipo from The Pacers who sings and learned sign language because his sister is deaf. When he gets praise from the audience & judges, he put his hands up and waves them, the sign for applause.  

Nearly everyone thinks the Flamingo is Adrienne and Flower Patti LaBelle.

Leopard - Seal

Butterfly - Michelle Williams who used to be in Destiny's Child

Rottweiler - Chris Daughtry

Fox - Wayne Brady

Ladybug, at first I thought it was Vanna White, but after last night I think it's Kelly Osbourne. For Tree, I've seen a lot of different guesses, from one of the Mowry twins, to Ana Gasteyer, to Carla Hall from The Chew, to Ayesha Curry. That one has me completely stumped. 

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

Flower- Patti La Belle

Butterfly-Mel B

@DREAMON wrote:

Flower- Patti La Belle

Butterfly-Mel B

@DREAMON 

Based on what I keep seeing online, here's what a lot of people are guessing:

Thingamajig is Victor Oladipo from The Pacers who sings and learned sign language because his sister is deaf. When he gets praise from the audience & judges, he put his hands up and waves them, the sign for applause.  

Nearly everyone thinks the Flamingo is Adrienne and Flower Patti LaBelle.

Leopard - Seal

Butterfly - Michelle Williams who used to be in Destiny's Child

Rottweiler - Chris Daughtry

Fox - Wayne Brady

Ladybug, at first I thought it was Vanna White, but after last night I think it's Kelly Osbourne. For Tree, I've seen a lot of different guesses, from one of the Mowry twins, to Ana Gasteyer, to Carla Hall from The Chew, to Ayesha Curry. That one has me completely stumped. 

Wow! I guess I would have never thought of Seal for the Leopard, but could be-same body build. I could see Michelle Williams as the Butterfly, and I never would have thought Chris Daughtry as the Rottweiler-interesting concept........The Fox-Wayne Brady or Jamie Foxx...I will have to listen more closely to the Leopard sing, because I remember Seal as having a pretty distinctive voice as well.