Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

@Ibby114 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Same here @DREAMON. I'm thinking Donny is the Peacock, too. But the rest still have me guessing! Really want to know who that Monster is...he is good!

eta - I think maybe rapper T-Pain is the Monster.  Search T-Pain songs without autotune and listen to that voice. Here's one video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfY83cOukuc

@SilleeMee wow, he has a nice voice! And I'm not a rap fan at all. But I still think the Monster is Steve Perry!

I don't see or hear Steve Perry in the Monster..time will tell!

Honored Contributor

I had a wild idea about Ndamukong Suh as the Monster.

He sings here:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/watch-aaron-rodgers-shows-off-singing-skills-in-new-...

He's also been called a monster because of his style of play.

But he's from Portland.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Wsmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm also thinking- whoever is behind the masks--  what upcoming event or appearance do they need to promote?  The Bee - I first thought maybe Diana Ross, she's been 'a presence' lately. But the news this week is Gladys Knight will sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. The timing is jsut right !! I think The Bee is Gladys.

Bummer that Marie spoiled The Peacock. Woman Frustrated

@Ibby114, see, I wonder if it is not Donny Osmond because she so readily played along that it was him.  Up until then I thought for sure.  And everything about him does scream DO.  But the NPH guess is a great one, too, so maybe that's who it is.  

@Wsmom

Who is NPH??.........oh never mind I figured it out...Neil Patrick Harris...Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm leaning toward the Monster not being a singer.

The clue "head in the game" suggests an athlete.

Tiger Woods has a deal with Monster Energy.

There's a whole list of athletes who have deals with Monster Energy.  If the first reveal is any indication, they are going with lesser known people.

So that's another angle.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

T-Pain is an avid gamer. @VaBelle35

Honored Contributor

Kurt Busch endorsed by Monster Energy.

Total ass, most hated driver.

But born in Las Vegas.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

T-Pain is an avid gamer. @VaBelle35

@SilleeMee @VaBelle35 there are also spoilers all over the web about it being  T Pain.  He's got an amazing  voice for being a rapper- he should put it to better use !!  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Wsmom wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

I'm also thinking- whoever is behind the masks--  what upcoming event or appearance do they need to promote?  The Bee - I first thought maybe Diana Ross, she's been 'a presence' lately. But the news this week is Gladys Knight will sing the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. The timing is jsut right !! I think The Bee is Gladys.

Bummer that Marie spoiled The Peacock. Woman Frustrated

@Ibby114, see, I wonder if it is not Donny Osmond because she so readily played along that it was him.  Up until then I thought for sure.  And everything about him does scream DO.  But the NPH guess is a great one, too, so maybe that's who it is.  

@Wsmom

Who is NPH??.........oh never mind I figured it out...Neil Patrick Harris...Woman Very Happy

@SilleeMee @Wsmom I hear ya about Marie- she wasn't subtle at all. It's as if she's a ringer trying to confuse us all! Woman LOL I wonder if she's under one of the masks?? Isn't there a female mask where one of the clues was being part of a big family- and being in the business for a long time?

Honored Contributor

I keep thinking I need to watch it at least one time....but I keep forgetting to DVR it.

Highlighted
Contributor

I like this show in an odd way.  It's fun watching the singer unmask.  I think the panelist are horrible.  They are all too young.  It would better to have a mixture of older panelists and younger ones.  I dont think they would know too much about singers from the 50's or 60's.  I cant believe they have not guessed Gladys Knight or Donny Osborne yet.  All in all the show is a fun watch.  I am glad it is only a limited run,  I think I would get bored with it if it was on all the time.