Respected Contributor

Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

I'll give it another shot, but I'm afraid I won't recognize any of the "Maskees". (Like tonight.)

The costumes are pretty elaborate, though.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch The Masked Singer?

I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it.  It seemed like such a stupid idea and the guest panelists were talking over the performances.  I recorded it only to see who the masked singers were!  I won't watch again.

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch it on purpose...I was channel surfing just as they removed the mask from someone I'd never heard of before.   I can't imagine wasting time on watching it on purpose.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I watched a few minutes unintentionally. LOL

I won't watch again.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

My daughter and I watched it and loved it. Loved the costumes and the clues. We have our guesses. When my hubby got home, told him the clues for the one who went home and immediately he guessed who it was....of course he would as it was an NFL player Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Didn't care for the audience shots. Also didn't like that the panelists talked over each other. The show appeared to be highly edited. I'd rather see less commentary and instead let each of the panelists ask a question and then guess the name of the performer. Liked Monster better than Unicorn.

Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

I couldn't watch more than a few minutes of it.  It seemed like such a stupid idea and the guest panelists were talking over the performances.  I recorded it only to see who the masked singers were!  I won't watch again.

The panelists were a bit too affective and just plain annoying.

I will not watch again either.

Esteemed Contributor

I watched it only because hubby had it on.  The costumes are pretty elaborate and very hot I am sure under all those studio lights but I'm not getting it and I know I will never guess who is behind the mask the hints do nothing for me.  I'm still on the fence whether I should watch again.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

DH and I watched but it was difficult to hang in there till the end. I immediately had a very strong idea about the peacock based on the clues alone, before he even sang - none of the panelists suggested this person.  I really believe I’m right and can’t believe not one panelist suggested this person. DH made a pretty good call on the deer.  He made an observation when he saw his neck and a panelist mentioned the same person.  Now we’re hooked and have to see if either of us are right.  

Honored Contributor

I watched and rather enjoyed it.

The one who got himself into trouble (sorry, can't remember which outfit he was wearing), I think is Colin Kaepernick. The other clues for him fit Colin also. Just cannot remember the other clues and I deleted the recording. 

The peacock was very, very good in my opinion.