Honored Contributor

Anyone watch Married with Medicine LA?

This is my 1st time watching it. I was looking for Real Housewives of Potomac, but apparently that is being delayed until Summer, so I ended up watching Married with Medicine.

I thought it was pretty good!

Of course you have a troublemaker or 2 in the group, but it is an interesting group of women!

Anyone else watch?

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch Married with Medicine LA?

I watched a couple episodes last season but couldn't get into it.  I watch the original.

I didn't realize they delayed Potomac.  I thought I set it to DVR but when it didn't tape, I wondered what happened. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't even watch Married to Medicine (Atlanta) with any regularity.    I just can't get into it but I do watch the Reunion episodes if I happen to catch them.  When I started seeing commercials that MtM Los Angeles was coming back for another season I was perplexed because I didn't know about it.  Obviously, I never watched and won't be watching the new season.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I have watched the original since day 1 and I liked Married to Medicine Houston but that only lasted 1 season.

Since they delayed Potomac, maybe I'll have to give this show a try again. 

Honored Contributor

I am OK with the casts of reality shows acting in a less than ladylike manner, but if these are real practicing MDs certainly would not want to use them as my Dr. 

what do you all think 

are they actuall physicians, you can present yrself as credentialed MD if you are not 

Honored Contributor

I think they are all real doctors. I don't think you can go on television and present yourself as a OB/GYN doctor, or a dentist or psychiatrist and not really be one, however this is my 1st time watching this, so not really sure......

Esteemed Contributor

I think if they are not real doctors, you would see something that says "actor portrayal" Don't believe they could say they are a real doctor if they are not.

Honored Contributor

i LOVE the original married to medicine. have been with that from the begining.

tried married to medicine la last season, but did not really get into it.

i MIGHT try it again.....not sure.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I think they are all real doctors. I don't think you can go on television and present yourself as a OB/GYN doctor, or a dentist or psychiatrist and not really be one, however this is my 1st time watching this, so not really sure......

I watched for the first time last night and thought it was pretty good.  They don't seem as dramatic as Housewives of Atlanta but I thought they were a good cast.  Out of curiousity, I googled several of the doctors and, yes, they are authentic, established physicians with very good ratings.  I love watching the Housewives...it's great mindless entertainment plus I love seeing the mansions they live in!!

Honored Contributor

I know Dr. Heavenly is a real dentist and Dr. Jackie and Dr. Simone are real ob/gyns.  You can read their reviews on Yelp, etc.   Dr. Jackie is also the ob for some other pregnant reality stars.  

I too have wondered if this show has negatively impacted any of their practices or if people have tried to get into one of these doctors because they are on the show.