Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch Law and Order SVU last night?

This show aired three days ago. Are those who are contributing going to be using spoiler boxes until the next episode airs?

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

Last night's episode started out with a somewhat predictable storyline. Who didn't think when we saw the older female DA with her younger husband that something would happen that involved betrayal. Therefore I expected that but also got another scenario which was completely unexpected. Do you consider what Maxwell did a crime?

I'm also confused about Olivia's actions after she finally got the evidence she had "ordered" Valesco to obtain. She gets it and then puts it in a drawer without even listening to it. Interesting...

Super Contributor

I've seen these episodes, the're all repeats.

Honored Contributor

Is refusing to help a person in life or death distress a crime, I am not sure. 

Betty Buckley sure has not aged well, remember her as Abby on Eight is Enough. 

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle I think it was a crime, but I understood her thinking and reasoning. I agree Betty Buckley has not aged well. But I did look her up-she is 75...I do remember her as Abby...Good episode last night!

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle I think it was a crime, but I understood her thinking and reasoning. I agree Betty Buckley has not aged well. But I did look her up-she is 75...I do remember her as Abby...Good episode last night!

I dont like saying this, but she looks a lot older than 75. she has beautiful singing voice in Cats singing Memory. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When her husband started spewing all those vile things I was hoping she would do what she had just said she was going to: Go to her room. Even when he started coughing and hitting the table to get her attention I was still willing her to keep walking. Then she could have claimed she was in her room and didn't know what was going on with him but she didn't do that. She turned around, walked back to him, stood right by him, watched him take his last breath, and then casually picked up the phone and said to a 911 operator that her husband was choking. There was no urgency or concern in her voice. She may as well have been reporting that some neighborhood boys were throwing rocks or something else which could be considered a nuisance but hardly an emergency.

Maxwell is an officer of the court so she's expected to have an even higher standard of conduct than the public. I consider what she did a crime. Like @CANDLEQUEEN  I also understand her reasoning. With all the same circumstances I can't say with absolute certainty that I wouldn't have done the same. I think there was one loose end. She had a drink and sat the glass down.  If questioned she could say she poured herself a drink after she called the police but that's iffy. I have a feeling this is a done deal. Wish it wasn't.

Honored Contributor

Re: why Re: Anyone watch Law and Order SVU last night?

It may not be a done deal, if you recall what Liv said to her at the end.  And if the 911 tape is reviewed, she certainly did sound very calm on the phone, as if there was no real emergency. 

Esteemed Contributor

The ending was not what I expected. IMHO, she let her husband choke to desth to save face. I thought what Olivia did was an accessory after the fact  I thought they both should be charged. This was all about it is not what you know but who you know. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think she let her husband die just to save face.  She was mortally wounded.  I hope she gets away with it.  The fact she was calm just demonstrates her professionalism.  I do think a late feeble attempt at a Heimlich maneuver might have helped her case.

Now back to the original thread.  I like the guy who won the lottery, I've never been a big Velasco fan.  Really surprised that viewers opinions have this much apparent sway on who stays and who goes.  

One other thing, it's nice to see spoiler tags used as spoilers.  I had given up on them.