Respected Contributor

I started watching this a few weeks ago , and i am enjoying the simpler times. But the more i watch it , in real life the character needs to be on meds. Can you imagine living with someone like that. She always has to be right , at any cost. Shirley Booth was great.

Honored Contributor

I used to watch it when it was on years ago.

Respected Contributor

sure i remember watching that.  Can't really recall any of the episodes tho.  

Honored Contributor

True, @MW in Iowa --  "Hazel" was a strong personality!  I'm glad that FETV runs the series daily during the week.  I periodically tape episodes.

You're so right about Shirley Booth.  She captures the blustery, bustling, spunky part of Hazel, but also so deftly reveals her tender side, to show a very well-rounded character.

I like "Dorothy",  "George" and little "Harold" too.

Trusted Contributor

"Hazel" was one of my all-time favorites back in the day!  Unfortunately, I don't get the channel that airs it : (

Trusted Contributor

yes, it was one of my family's favorites back in the day. The title character was a near perfect replica of some of my mom's quirky antics (of course I say this in love. LOL)

dee

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I started watching this a few weeks ago , and i am enjoying the simpler times. But the more i watch it , in real life the character needs to be on meds. Can you imagine living with someone like that. She always has to be right , at any cost. Shirley Booth was great.

Honored Contributor

I find those old sit coms to be too corny and unsophisticated to watch, even briefly.  Didn't like them much when they were fresh; stale, they're a waste of time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I watch Hazel most everyday at 10:00.  I sit down and have a second cup of coffee and this show helps me remember the good ole days.  Families could sit down and watch programs all together.  Most of her shows have a lesson on morals, love of country and our flag, manners or kindness.  I wish all young kids could watch this type of show in this day and time.  i rarely watch any of the shows being shown on TV now.,  I guess I am just old fashioned.  This same channel shows That Girl, Bewitched, ****** Van ******, and Perry Mason.  These are the shows we watched when we were a young family. Even some of the quiz shows have these suggestive questions or answers.  

Esteemed Contributor

Love Hazel!   Usually watch it in the morning.  She can be a bit much, but she means well.

Respected Contributor

I always enjoyed Hazel when it was on when I was a kid.   Last year, I believe Antenna TV, or it might have been ME TV,  were running the episodes.   They were fun to watch again.

I thought it was so sad that Bobby Buntrock who played Harold died at the age of 21.  He was driving a car that went off of a bridge and he drowned in the accident.