Trusted Contributor

Anyone watch C-Span weekends?

I love it.  On the weekends, C-Span runs appearances by authors, they show classroom lectures from schools all over the country, and they feature a city or area of the country.

When they do an in-depth interview with someone, it can run for three hours.  And in the mornings they take questions, and most of the questions are thoughtful and answered sincerely.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch C-Span weekends?

I have never see that, but thanks for bringing to my attention, it sounds like something I would enjoy.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, just visit c-span.org and check out the TV schedule for C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2 and C-SPAN 3.  Generally speaking, the weekend schedule on C-SPAN 2 is focused on books and C-SPAN 3 is focused on history.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Those in-depth interviews with authors can be riveting.  I also like the C-SPAN hosts that they choose for these assignments-  Peter Slen (I think that is his last name-- he has sharply etched features and straight unruly fine hair that can fall forward)--  is especially good at this, and fastidiously unbiased.