Trusted Contributor

Anyone watch C-Span weekends?

I love it.  On the weekends, C-Span runs appearances by authors, they show classroom lectures from schools all over the country, and they feature a city or area of the country.

When they do an in-depth interview with someone, it can run for three hours.  And in the mornings they take questions, and most of the questions are thoughtful and answered sincerely.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone watch C-Span weekends?

I have never see that, but thanks for bringing to my attention, it sounds like something I would enjoy.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, just visit c-span.org and check out the TV schedule for C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2 and C-SPAN 3.  Generally speaking, the weekend schedule on C-SPAN 2 is focused on books and C-SPAN 3 is focused on history.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Those in-depth interviews with authors can be riveting.  I also like the C-SPAN hosts that they choose for these assignments-  Peter Slen (I think that is his last name-- he has sharply etched features and straight unruly fine hair that can fall forward)--  is especially good at this, and fastidiously unbiased.