Esteemed Contributor

Anyone seen the new Match.com commercial?

This is so clever!  The girl meets her perfect 2020 match: the Devil.  The ad shows them snuggling, stealing toilet paper etc.  The tagline is "Meet your perfect 2021 match".  I love clever ads!

Respected Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone seen the new Match.com commercial?

I've seen the ad. I like that they paid attention to the horrific year we had, with a bit of ironic humor.

Respected Contributor

I like the 2020 humor!

Honored Contributor

I just saw it this morning!

Man, that was a serious costume!   I felt like maybe the 'Masked Singer' folks put that one together.  kudos.

Esteemed Contributor

Incredibly clever and well done.  Watching it multiple times you can spot lots of little fleeting references to 2020.  Kudos to the inventive Madman/Person.

Esteemed Contributor

The commercial was done by Maximum Effort which is Ryan Reynold's production company. On December 2nd there was this tweet from Taylor Swift ~

"Okay so while my new re-records are NOT done, my friend @VancityReynolds asked me if he could use a snippet of one for a LOLsome commercial he wrote so...here’s a sneak peak of Love Story! Working hard to get the music to you soon!!"

The tweet created quite a stir in the community of Swift fans as it marked the first public unveiling of the promised re-recordings of her early catalogue.The Swift fans were elated and it even lead to some debate regarding a somewhat difficult to decipher lyric. Did she say "Baby just say yes" or was it "Baby just said yes?" 

If you watch closely you will see an image of a discarded scooter laying on its side next to a trash can and the number 6 painted on the wall next to it. I have a feeling they had a great time making this creative commercial. I know I had fun watching it. Smiley Happy