Honored Contributor

Anyone see DIE HARD lately?

[ Edited ]

DIE HARD, 1988, Bruce Willis, Alan Rickman (yes, the very same from Harry Potter)

I just caught this on tv the other day and, since I hadn't seen it for such a very long time, I found it to be as riveting as I expect a first-time viewer would have been.

The movie holds up really well.  (Bruce Willis had hair, too.)

If you've also seen Skyscraper with Dwayne Johnson, you'll recognize all the similarities to Die Hard, even down to the scene with the indoor water and garden feature (and you will find innumerable websites that highlight all the similarities).

I hope Dwayne Johnson and Bruce Willis team up in a movie sometime soon in something better than G.I. Joe: Retaliation.

If you get the IFC channel, Die Hard and sequels will be running all Christmas Day.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone see DIE HARD lately?

@GingerPeach  In my family it's a Christmas classic, we watch it this time every year!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@GingerPeach  In my family it's a Christmas classic, we watch it this time every year!

Did you know there are two versions? I was unfortunate enough to see the one with the 4 letter words. I don't understand it. Even my DH said, 'huh? I don't remember cussing when we saw it for the first time?' I had to agree. I've since seen it numerable times-some had the cussing, some didn't??!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't even COUNT how many times I've seen Die Hard - and II and Vengeance.

Yeah, I'm a weird 65 y.o. broad. Smiley Happy

@Judaline

Depends on whether you've seen it network (cut and censored) or on a cable channel.

Denise
Honored Contributor

How do they do dat? I've looked and it doesn't look like they're lip syncing?

Respected Contributor

Some are very good at what they do (using similar "non-offensive" substute phrases).

Also some movies film alternative dialogue, etc. that conforms to "family friendly".

Denise
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains inappropriate language.

Honored Contributor

I'm 70 and laugh at loud even at the bad language! One line is classic but I can't post it here. Bruce Willis basically tells a jerk that He (the jerk) is the one who got...um..."embarrassed' on national TV! I laugh every time!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach 

Die Hard is one of my all time favorite films!

I've seen the movie so many times, I practically know the dialog by heart.

So many scenes are incredibly powerful.   Yet, the question remains, how does McClane know "Bill" is one of the terrorist (Hans Gruber)?    And it's not because of the type of cigarette he smokes.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Respected Contributor

That is a great movie.  I love Alan Rickman and was so sad when he passed away.  He was awesome as Snape in Harry Potter.  Such a great actor and what a voice.  Heart