Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone see DIE HARD lately?

@Lyttlewyng

If you search "how did mcclane know it was hans," the screenwriter explains that due to a cut scene, McClane saw one item that told him.

On my Google search, that site was close to the top of the results.

I wondered, too, so thanks for reminding me to look it up.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Valued Contributor

@GingerPeach

Yes, I did know it, but it wasn't until recently that I found the correct answer, so wanted to share it here.   It was the type of watch Hans wore that McClane recognize after his many altercations with the other terrorists who wore the same watch.

In my opinion, the scene where all the terrorists synchronize their timepieces shouldn't have been cut.  It definitely is important to the  Thanks for posting the fun thread.

~ To Know, To Dare, To Will, To Remain Silent ~
Valued Contributor

AAhhhh, great movie with one of my favorite lines, “yippee kayaa......”. 

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Esteemed Contributor

I never saw Die Hard or the sequel when they first were in theatres nor had I watched them on TV at all. I finally saw it on cable TV this past summer. I'm not sure why it's considered a holiday movie as it's so violent.

Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

Can't even COUNT how many times I've seen Die Hard - and II and Vengeance.

Yeah, I'm a weird 65 y.o. broad. Smiley Happy

I guess I'm weird, too. 

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Die Hard but wonder why it's a Christmas classic.  Odd choice for Christmas Day, if you ask me.

Respected Contributor

I've been a Bruce Willis fan since the 1st episode of "Moonlighting"...and "Die Hard" is one of my favorite all-time movies. I've seen it so many times that even if I happen upon it half-way through, I'll still watch it and know exactly what's going on!

The reason it's considered a "Christmas" movie (for those who wondered) is that it takes place during a corporate Christmas party on Christmas Eve. There's a good bit of Christmas decor in the movie, as well as a few Christmas songs.

In it's original version, the language is very rough. And, yes, it's a very violent movie.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

I've been a Bruce Willis fan since the 1st episode of "Moonlighting"...and "Die Hard" is one of my favorite all-time movies. I've seen it so many times that even if I happen upon it half-way through, I'll still watch it and know exactly what's going on!

The reason it's considered a "Christmas" movie (for those who wondered) is that it takes place during a corporate Christmas party on Christmas Eve. There's a good bit of Christmas decor in the movie, as well as a few Christmas songs.

In it's original version, the language is very rough. And, yes, it's a very violent movie.

Oh, wow, my feelings exactly. Maddie and ..........was it David? I loved that show. I love that song. And Die Hard is one of my top favorite movies. Like everyone here, I can watch it over and over. There were sequels, which seemed to get less and less entertaining for lack of a better word. Like Rocky. None as good as the original. 

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@vermint wrote:

Oh, wow, my feelings exactly. Maddie and ..........was it David? I loved that show. I love that song. And Die Hard is one of my top favorite movies. Like everyone here, I can watch it over and over. There were sequels, which seemed to get less and less entertaining for lack of a better word. Like Rocky. None as good as the original. 

@Judaline Yes, David Addison & Maddie Hayes (Cybil Shepherd)! That show had some of the best music I've ever heard on a TV show. I think the theme song, and some others they used were by Al Jarreau.

Honored Contributor

My husband and I love Die Hard, and have seen it numerous times......It is a classic! Love Bruce Willis and Alan Rickman.......Very sad he passed so young! Very talented........