Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone remember The McGuire Sisters?

I remember watching them as a kid and they were wonderful.  Phyllis kind of reminds me of Mary Tyler More.

Respected Contributor

Oh yes I remember !!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I remember them very vividly.  I loved them.  I was a little girl in the early 50's and always sang along with them .on Arthur Godfrey.  Thanks for letting us know about her.  RIP

Honored Contributor

@twinsister wrote:

The last remaining sister of this singing act, Phyllis died yesterday at age 89.  As a child, I remember seeing them when my parents watched the Arthur Godfrey show.   A long time ago.....

OMgosh I thought she died a couple of years ago! Saw them on the do-op shows, or one of those, all in blonde wigs-not bad.

Picnic was my favorite song among others.

Esteemed Contributor

@Somertime 

That house is beyond words.  Wonder where it was in Vegas?

She was a beauty...I remember their music.  Lovely voices. from another time.

Honored Contributor

Wow, those interiors of her house were wild, @Somertime !

I see that she still had her Eiffel Tower, Arc du Triomphe (sp?), and other baroque touches!   Fascinating.

Honored Contributor

.@Oznell   That was a very interesting article.  Thank you for posting it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@Oznell Interesting story!  Here's a link showing the inside of her "home".............don't think it all came from her singing career!

https://www.toptenrealestatedeals.com/weekly-ten-best-home-deals/home/phyllis-mcguires-las-vegas-hom...

Oh my, it looks like an expensive Las Vegas resort or a palace. Very luxurious. Thanks for posting the link.

Honored Contributor

Phyllis was my favorite.  They will also remind me of Arthur Godfrey.  Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, etc.  So many.  That era of people is closing around us.  Too bad, so sad. It was good clean entertainment.  I'm glad I had the youth I had.  They were a part of that.  

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Phyllis was my favorite.  They will also remind me of Arthur Godfrey.  Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, etc.  So many.  That era of people is closing around us.  Too bad, so sad. It was good clean entertainment.  I'm glad I had the youth I had.  They were a part of that.  

@qualitygal  - I remember all those great shows from my childhood.  Also my parents watched Lawrence Welk.  A different time back then.