Honored Contributor

Anyone planning to watch Big Brother Canada?

If so, ET Canada is doing an hour-long preview of the new season tonight on Global TV. To watch it live here in the States you'll need to use a VPN with a Canadian server (or wait until someone posts it on YouTube or elsewhere.) The first episode of BB Canada will air on Wednesday, but the houseguests moved in yesterday. It's a pretty big cast by Canadian standards with 16 houseguests. It's a pretty nice looking house design also.

I believe you can also view the live feeds (when they start) using the BB Viewer app that has links on Jokers Updates. (I haven't tried it myself for viewing BB Canada, but others say it works. I've used BB Viewer to watch the American feeds however and it works fine.)

You can read the bios of the houseguests on Global's website and if you're using a VPN with a Canadian server you can even watch the interviews with them. It's a pretty interesting cast.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone planning to watch Big Brother Canada?

I would love to watch but guess I just have to wait for ours to start. It sounds too complicated to me to be able to get the Canadian version.

Honored Contributor

Only if someone ties me to a chair in front of the TV and shocks me with electric charges to keep me awake.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman 

I would but the whole VPN thing sounds like more than I want to deal with--otherwise I definitely would! 

I did watch The Circle on Netflix which I considered to be my fix until BB starts here in the US. At first I thought it was going to drag on and on but it turned out to be really good. 

Respected Contributor

I only watch US and can't wait til it starts again. 

Honored Contributor

The premiere episode was pretty good. People have been voting for their favorite cast members since the cast was announced and the four lowest vote-getters are in jeopardy with two of them to be the nominees for eviction. Last night the four least popular had to compete in a physical comp (holding up a car by a rope) with the last one standing being saved and safe for the week. It looked like a mismatch with two big, strong guys competing against two girls, but sure enough, the girls hung in there longer (better technique) and Minh-ly ended up winning safety. Tonight they have a mental comp the three remaining least popular have to compete in for the final immunity slot.

It's kind of alarming to four people to find out they're the least popular right from the start and that one of them will be leaving. It's a nice relief for the other twelve, but for those four it adds to the already intense amount of pressure they're under. 

I'm not sure how closely I'll follow the season, but it makes a nice distraction for now. It's a pretty neat house design. It's kind of like living inside a psychedelic comic book. The whole bathroom (walls and floor) is largely made up of shattered/broken pieces of mirrors. The live feeds should turn on after the show tonight. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Big Brother Canada's season is off to a rocky start. One player self-evicted and this week production removed two others for misbehaving. We're down four houseguests and just one of the four was voted out. They were told this week of the coronavirus and each got a letter from home letting them know everyone was okay.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

And the plug has been pulled on BB Canada. The houseguests have been returned to normal society. Truth be told, it was something of a trainwreck of a season anyway. One houseguest self-evicted, Two were tossed for misbehaving, one more, Carol, was begging to be voted out this week, or she'd self-evict. Pulling the plug was probably the most humane thing to do.

While the houseguests were about as safe as could be, essentially living in quarantine in a sealed environment, the casting and show this year was just a mess. We were four weeks in and only one houseguest had been voted out. Coronavirus gave them a good excuse to pull the plug and put everyone out of their misery. Will there be another season of BB Canada? I don't know, but I wouldn't be optimistic.

Hopefully, Robyn Kass got her really horrible casting choices out of the way in BB Canada and if we have a BB in America this year, she'll find a better cast. It shouldn't be that hard to find sixteen people willing to live in isolation for a few months and get paid for it, while the rest of us live in isolation and don't get paid.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!