Valued Contributor

Anyone here with DISH TV? Channel question

I get Great American Country channel now and then. Anyone else have this issue? I love to watch Flea Market Flip, but it's like I only get the channel for a couple weeks each month. So strange

cookin

Super Contributor

Re: Anyone here with DISH TV? Channel question

@cookinfreak you should dish DISH they are always in contract disputes and constantly just take channels off, they do not have their own satellite so they ping off of others- go to Direct TV for satellite of go to your local cable company, you will be much happier

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have Dish. Sometimes they give you "sneak peaks" of channels for a period of time they think you might want. I noticed this weekend I am getting DIY again. I would like to get it but it is currently not in my package. They are hoping you will order. 

Honored Contributor

@arizona babe wrote:

@cookinfreak you should dish DISH they are always in contract disputes and constantly just take channels off, they do not have their own satellite so they ping off of others- go to Direct TV for satellite of go to your local cable company, you will be much happier

Disagree! We had your same exact trouble with Direct tv. Always in a dispute. This is the first time in about

four years we had a dispute with DISH. I don't like  

that GAC isn't what  it's supposed to be. It used to be singers (country/western)  all morning. Now it's sit-coms or stuff that we aren't tuned in for.

Honored Contributor

Is that the only channel that happens with or do you only get other channels a couple of weeks a month?

Sometimes when we are camping, because of where we are, we do not get all 3 of the satellites and therefore, we don't get all the channels.  Is it possible something periodically blocks one of your satellites and you lose this channel along with some others?     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have had DISH for over 22 yrs.

We do have GAC channel 165. Don't know if I have ever watched that channel or not so don't know if it comes or goes.

I noticed this weekend while I was watching a movie it flashed on the screen a Rep was doing something. I thought I'm watching a movie & if they need to do something they can do it some other time. I had to keep pressing the back button to get to my movie from the other screens they were going through? I have never seen that before.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems like most of the providers Dish, Direct TV, etc. go through these negotiations and channels disappear.  Your situation is indeed very unusual.  Usually there is a message across bottom of screen explaining loss of channel when in negotiations.

Direct TV (at least here in Illinois) is now owned by AT&T.  Would not give them business even if I had to do without TV.  They are doing more and more to rip off customers.

I just last week spent 45 minutes on the phone with ATT agent and wanted more internet speed.  When it got down to the agent finding I would need a new receiver for upgraded speed, she told me they would send me the receiver and I could do it myself.  When I pointed out that I have been with them all of my life even way back to Illinois Bell & I was 75 years old, and unable to maneuver because of health issues the agent put me on hold.  She came back to the call and told me the upgraded speed is not available in my area.  They did not want to assist a senior customer.  Will not even go into all of the other very costly changes with AT&T.  Call me fed up.  The only other landline available in my area is Cable.  I left them for Dish years ago because my condo was cable ready 26 years ago & then had issues with "no splitter" anywhere (probably buried in walls) when service was needed. Never figured out whether Builder or Cable was responsible for that.  Sorry for rambling.

Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Dish occasionally adds a channel or two that's not in my plan, then it goes away.  I wish though they'd say when it happens, so I can take advantage of it.  I usually find out the day before it drops.