Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone going to watch The Golden Globes Tonight?

I loved Elvis .. Loved the acting job Austin did ... Loved the movie ....

Honored Contributor

Is Will Smith gonna be there ?

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I'm going to give it a try.  I like the host, Jerrod Carmichael.

@deepwaterdotter I had never heard of him before.  But he hosted SNL awhile back, and that show was replayed recently.  He was quite funny.  I may flip to the awards, but will not likely watch the whole thing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

Re: @Re: Anyone going to watch The Golden Globes Tonight?

Not I.  Not the least bit interested.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Re: @Re: Anyone going to watch The Golden Globes Tonight?

@Kachina624 wrote:

Not I.  Not the least bit interested.

@Kachina624 , I'm pulling a chair up next to you.  I'd rather watch paint dry.

Esteemed Contributor

No.....I didn't even know they were on tonight,  There was a time when I loved to watch most all the award shows but Hollywood, as a whole, dropped off my priority list years ago.  I'm sure I wouldn't even know most of the actors/actresses nor the tv show or movie.  I do like to look at the fashion but usually wait and google it the next day or wait until somebody posts them here.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I will watch but I have no clue who Jerrod Carmichael is. 

Trusted Contributor

NOPE!

Respected Contributor

I would watch but I doubt I get the channel on Pluto.

Honored Contributor

@cjm61 wrote:

Nope, none of these people ever came to my awards when I received them. Woman Happy

I just find it funny these actors want us to watch them receive awards and then give these long boring speeches. And think we should care? I know others enjoy these immensely, not for me. 

@cjm61 

It's not the actors, it's the PRODUCERS of these shows.  It's part of the promotion that bring in BILLIONS to the U.S. economy.   

Seriously ....  People don't understand this?  

I guess some people don't realize that the Film/Music/Entertainment industry is a mega-billion dollar global business.  It doesn't just benefit those that live in CA; it also affects the owners of movie theaters in your city and the people they employ.  It also affects local restaurants and their employees.  "Dinner and movie" is a common form of recreational activity for many people all over the world.  

For that matter, the music industry benefits greatly from films with music sound tracks.   It's a big deal and the U.S. economy brings in a LOT of income for every day people who work in or adjacent to "entertainment" activities.

The GG are hosted by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.  It's their job to promote current films all over the world.  It's really not about actors wanting you to receive awards .... it greatly benefits our economy.