Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone excited for the Olympics to start?

I always enjoy the figure skating/ice dancing. I hope the Americans can take gold in ice dancing and the men and women's figure skating.

Trusted Contributor

Oh yes!  The ice skating is my favorite!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I know many people enjoy it.  I personally do not. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

The Olympics actually already started as of this past Wednesday (yesterday).  Tonight is figure skating.

Now here's the kicker........

The opening ceremony starts FRIDAY at 6:00AM est. Smiley Surprised

There's a 14-hour time difference between the U.S. and South Korea, so, primetime coverage starts at 8:00PM EST on NBC tomorrow night.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

The Olympics actually already started as of this past Wednesday (yesterday).  Tonight is figure skating.

There's a 14-hour time difference between the U.S. and South Korea, so, primetime coverage starts at 8:00PM EST on NBC tomorrow night.

Actually, it starts at 8:00 PM EST TONIGHT. FIgure skating and skiing. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN

Actually, it starts at 8:00 PM EST TONIGHT. FIgure skating and skiing. 

I was referring to the Opening Ceremonies, but thanks for the reminder about figure skating tonight.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually excited, no. Not interested in the normally really lame commentary and background from NBC announcers except for Johnny Weir & Tara Lipinski.

Not that interested in most winter sports. Definitely not interested in the host city, country or venues or “local color” from Pyeongchang.

But there are some events I enjoy watching, and it gives me something different to watch, for which I am grateful. So yes, I’ll be watching some.

I attended two events in the 1984 Summer Olympics in LA, and enjoyed them very much. Got to see the US win gold & silver individual medals and a team gold.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I simply couldn't care less.  Especially in the site they picked for this one.  To me the whole thing has come to be a farce.

Esteemed Contributor

Not interested at all.

Honored Contributor

I can't say I'm excited, I like the summer Olympics much better.  I'll enjoy watching the opening ceremony and the skating and some skiing events.