Respected Contributor

Anyone else streaming old sitcoms, etc. instead of watching new stuff?

Boy, I am.  Currently binge watching old "Love Boat" episodes (mostly because I missed them during my dating period).  Fun to see the old stars and fashions.

Also caught the tail-end of an early "Beverly Hillbillies" on one of my oldies stations because I'd missed those, too.  "Cement pond",  fancy dining table and pot passers.

Beats watching some of the so-called "new sitcoms" these days.

Denise
Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else streaming old sitcoms, etc. instead of watching new stuff?

Old shows are pretty much all I watch, except for Monk, Mom and Last Man Standing. I watch Love Boat every night

Esteemed Contributor

I don't need to stream the shows. 

My over the air reception brings in Cozi TV, ME TV, Antenna TV, GET TV and Decades, which together give me access to dozens and dozens of old sitcoms, westerns and dramas.

Respected Contributor

I love all the old shows, especially Leave It To Beaver.  I laugh my head off.  Beverly Hillbillies, I make SURE I have it on every Saturday morning.  They have TWO back to back episodes too!!!  I laugh until I have to run to the powder room!

I'm hoping for the old Mission Impossible series.  Seeing Leonard Nimoy that young makes me flip my beany.  LOL!!!!!

Did you see that!!!  The post passers!!!  There must have been a Sumatran Rino head haning on the wall and Jed was saying, this is the billy yard room so that must be a billy yard!  I was almost crying I laughed so hard!!!!!  Granny said good thing they put the front of him up there, I'd hate to see the back of him!   I mean, laughing!!!!

Love boat is too boring for me though.  I try to enjoy it but I fall asleep.  LOL!!!!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We hardly watch current sitcoms at all.  We have certain old shows automatically recorded and watch those.  

In fact, there are few current drama shows we watch at all.  The news, of course.  But the History, Smithsonian, public TV, NOVA, and TMC channels are bit hits with us.  Not to mention some of the British shows.  

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I don't need to stream the shows. 

My over the air reception brings in Cozi TV, ME TV, Antenna TV, GET TV and Decades, which together give me access to dozens and dozens of old sitcoms, westerns and dramas.

We have all those too.  I love The Rifleman.  Chuck Connors was a knock out.  Love the show though too.  Notice how they all had Bible names....Mica, Lucas, Mark...my DH loves the episode where Lucas sees his double and the double is REALLY mean.  He laughs.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

The original Mission:Impossible is carried on MeTV very early Sunday mornings. 

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking (hoping) that it's only temporary, but connection with "the Good Old Days" just now is making me feel even worse than I do in my current present.

It's not that my life is worse now, but life overall in my past was at least slower and more predictable.

I'm missing my "friends" THE GOLDEN GIRLS and MARY TYLER MOORE and FRASIER, and FRIENDS, for that matter, a little more than I should, so I'm forcing myself forward one step at a time.

Hugs to all who are loving the oldies! 

Esteemed Contributor

I watch mostly classics from the past also. Been getting into MASH again, Cagney and Lacey and Rizzoli and Isles. I wish wish wish they would put Northern Exposure back on or Picket Fences! 

Esteemed Contributor

I am. There is really nothing on tv right now that I like that is current. So I watch the news/police an hour to catch up. I watch General Hospital and some QVC. There were shows that I never got to watch because I was busy raising kids, working etc. I bought the dvd series on Hotel that I am ready to break out. I never watched Columbo as a kid so I am watching that now. I get the hype now. The writing, the acting is just fantastic. One thing about Princess Cruises is they always have Love Boat playing on one of their channels.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.