Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone else noticed Joy Behar's eyes after the cataract surgery--think it was much more!

@meem120 

Never heard of both eyes being done at the same time...too risky.

I had asked my eye surgeon to get both done at same time.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else noticed Joy Behar's eyes after the cataract surgery--think it was much more!

@jlkz @My friend had both done at the same time.My son and his wife had surgery to improve vision and both eyes done at once.I thought that was odd but they all said it was the norm.

Valued Contributor

Ringer... I had The View on today for the first time in weeks and also noticed Joy’s eyes.  She definitely had work done along with cataracts.  Good for her.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I had cataract surgery in both eyes but not at the same time.  No one will notice that you had the surgery.  When the eye patch comes off the next day, yes, colors are very vibrant but in time that goes back to normal.  If Joy had plastic surgery on her eyes, she would have bruising because cutting is involved.

@Katcat1   You are correct!  I had cataract surgery on both eyes but a week apart!   I also had my saggy eyelids done a couple years later and it took 3 weeks until the bruising was gone.  I did not leave the house for about 2 weeks after the surgery because of the bruising!   It was worth it however!!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I had cataract surgery 10 days ago. Doctors do not do both eyes at the same time. I cannot wear any type of eye makeup for at least 2 more weeks. ☹️

Respected Contributor

I had mine done two weeks apart.  I was able to wear eye makeup a few days later.  But I had laser surgery - maybe that was the difference.  

Respected Contributor

I have noticed something different about Joy's eyes since she's not wearing the sunglasses anymore. 

Honored Contributor

When someone wears glasses all the time, you don't really see the eye as it really looks but when they no longer have to wear glasses their eyes just about always look different.  I have noticed it in those that get any type of eye surgery and no longer have to wear glasses.  My SO's sister recently had lasic surgery and her eyes look much smaller and she does look different around the eyes because of no glasses now.

Anyway, who cares and how does it affect anyone's lives.  None of anyone's business!!  Gossip away if it makes you happy!

Honored Contributor

I couldn't care less about JB.

"Pure Michigan"
Frequent Contributor

I think she looks better and if that is what she was looking for she got it! Hey she is in her mid 70s and still working full time. God bless her.