Valued Contributor

Anyone else noticed Joy Behar's eyes after the cataract surgery--think it was much more!

Joy announced she was having cataract surgery and yet a few days ago when she didn't have her "special glasses" on, I totally believe she had her eyes done as she doesn't look the same and her eyes look smaller.  I had cataract surgery and I was putting in eye drops very frequently before the surgery and  did wear special glasses but think Joy's surgery was NOT just cataract and doubt if any surgeon would do both eyes  in the same week!

I know I can see so clearly now and colors are vibrant and am glad I had mine done but does anyone else see what I see and think she had her eyes done and I don't mean just cataract--maybe she had both but for sure she does not look the same!  I really think  she looked much better before any surgery.  I did not look different with cataract surgery but Joy sure does!

Anyone else want to comment on this????

You never know when the last time is the last time

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else noticed Joy Behar's eyes after the cataract surgery--think it was much more!

whether or not she did or didnt doesnt really matter.

she doesnt need to make any type of announcement if she had more done.

cataract surgery can be done on both eyes in one day OR just a few days apart. it is not common, but it can be done on the same day.

my mom had lasik surgery done AND some cosmetic eye surgery done on the same day.

more power to joy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else noticed Joy Behar's eyes after the cataract surgery--think it was much more!

Joy’s up front about her fillers and Botox, so I think she’d blab if she had had more work done.  I think she just looks different without her glasses.

Honored Contributor

No.  I don't watch her nor do I like her, but they are her eyes and her business.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

whether or not she did or didnt doesnt really matter.

she doesnt need to make any type of announcement if she had more done.

cataract surgery can be done on both eyes in one day OR just a few days apart. it is not common, but it can be done on the same day.

my mom had lasik surgery done AND some cosmetic eye surgery done on the same day.

more power to joy.

I don't know if she did or didn't, I will look on line and check her out, but she looks great for her age and I love her hair.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@RINGER wrote:

Joy announced she was having cataract surgery and yet a few days ago when she didn't have her "special glasses" on, I totally believe she had her eyes done as she doesn't look the same and her eyes look smaller.  I had cataract surgery and I was putting in eye drops very frequently before the surgery and  did wear special glasses but think Joy's surgery was NOT just cataract and doubt if any surgeon would do both eyes  in the same week!

I know I can see so clearly now and colors are vibrant and am glad I had mine done but does anyone else see what I see and think she had her eyes done and I don't mean just cataract--maybe she had both but for sure she does not look the same!  I really think  she looked much better before any surgery.  I did not look different with cataract surgery but Joy sure does!

Anyone else want to comment on this????

You never know when the last time is the last time

No.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I did notice that her eyes looked different.  She had the cataract surgeries a week apart ,not both done on the same day

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 

she DOES look fantastic at her age!

she will be 77 this year!

still sharp and going strong.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll check her out.  I haven't seen her lately.

This reminds me of Lisa Robertson who said she had cataract surgery but now her eyes appear smaller in photos.  I thought it was odd that she wore eye makeup so soon after the surgery.

Honored Contributor

I had cataract surgery in both eyes but not at the same time.  No one will notice that you had the surgery.  When the eye patch comes off the next day, yes, colors are very vibrant but in time that goes back to normal.  If Joy had plastic surgery on her eyes, she would have bruising because cutting is involved.

kindness is strength