Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone else like the Lifetime movies?

Lifetime seems to be more about women being stalked, victimized, and in need of a rescuer in almost every movie...so I gave up on it years ago. Hallmark is much better although rather monotonous in their plots and settings.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I hardly watch the regular Lifetime movies, same old, same old, and not the quality of acting that it used to be in the eighties, etc., as then there were established actors with great acting and storylines, not so any longer, acting is pretty bad in comparison.

I did watch the movie last night "My Nightmare Landlord," a few of the actors were good, but there were so many fake scenes, not realistic at all, and that always turns me off.

Fortunately, way back when, I recorded so many Lifetime movies on VHS, which tapes are still in excellent condition, so I am able to watch those whenever I am in the mood.  Some are available on dvd, but so many are not.

Did you ever watch one Letters from Nam.  I believe that was the name.  It was really good.  Maybe the 80's?

@sunshine 919   I don't recall that title, but it was made in 1995 according to google.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I hardly watch the regular Lifetime movies, same old, same old, and not the quality of acting that it used to be in the eighties, etc., as then there were established actors with great acting and storylines, not so any longer, acting is pretty bad in comparison.

I did watch the movie last night "My Nightmare Landlord," a few of the actors were good, but there were so many fake scenes, not realistic at all, and that always turns me off.

Fortunately, way back when, I recorded so many Lifetime movies on VHS, which tapes are still in excellent condition, so I am able to watch those whenever I am in the mood.  Some are available on dvd, but so many are not.

Did you ever watch one Letters from Nam.  I believe that was the name.  It was really good.  Maybe the 80's?

@sunshine 919   I don't recall that title, but it was made in 1995 according to google.

I renenber it being really good.

Movies for tv use to be so good, Remember all the great mini series  Seems like most were on abc.  Roots, North and South, Rich man Poor man.  Those were greatSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Lifetime had 2 great Halle Berry movies on last night.

The first was Kidnap which I had seen maybe a year or two ago. Another

Halle movie after that was The Call which I never even was aware of. 

That started at 10 p.m. and I watch until 11:30 and recorded the rest. If

anybody gets a chance watch these 2 movies, they keep you on the edge

of your seat.

Very suspenseful and great acting by Halle Berry.

Frequent Contributor

I just saw the ending of "Kidnap" and it looked so good. Then when I saw "The Call" I had to watch it again. That movie just keeept me on the edge of my seat. The ending of "The Call" is priceless!

Super Contributor

I used to love the Danielle Steele made for tv movies they showed: Chances, Heartbeat, Palemino to name a few. And that says a lot for me because I don't usually like those "love conquers all" movies. I wonder why they don't show them anymore. They make for great chick movie marathons during football season.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I renenber it being really good.

Movies for tv use to be so good, Remember all the great mini series  Seems like most were on abc.  Roots, North and South, Rich man Poor man.  Those were greatSmiley Happy

@sunshine 919   Yes, actually recorded some on VHS, such as Rich Man, Poor Man, which I watched last Fall, great acting.  I have bought a few miniseries on dvd.  I don't recall seeing Captains and Kings, but after reading reviews, I bought it, another great period piece.  Quite a few of the Lifetime movies are still available ebay, amazon, etc.  I remember that there was always something good to watch on tv, not so any longer.

Respected Contributor

Yes!

I love to watch the Hallmark Christmas movies, too!

Esteemed Contributor

Lifetime is my 'go to' when there is nothing else on TV that I want to watch.  Sometimes the movies are pretty good, but often the acting/plots are not. 

I do enjoy the Hallmark movies - especially the sweet holiday ones - but they are all so lame - same plot, same issues and mediocre acting.  What I do like in those holiday shows - the scenery and the dressed up little towns!!