Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone been watching the American Idol?

@sunshine45wrote:

that is one thing i have never liked about the show. they end up with 12 guys and 12 girls. i always thought it should be the best of the bunch, no matter their gender. if 20 guys are better, then let 20 guys and 4 girls go through...... it has always been like that i believe.

a couple of my favorites are not moving forward unfortunately.

@sunshine45  It actually wasn't that way  in the beginning.  I remember when they changed it I didn't think it was fair.  I don't remember when that was though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks @NickNack

i could not remember if it was that way the entire time. i do know though that it has been that way for a long time.

interestingly though, the top ten during the first season was split 5 and 5.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

So getting back to the contestant Brittney (the vocal coach) who didn't get a golden ticket to Hollywood, but showed up unexplained, we now know why. It was said she was voted on by viewers to get a second chance. I didn't realize who she was, but I remember voting for her! I think the opportunity to vote may have come on the American Music Awards, if I'm not mistaken the result was announced on Dancing With The Stars.

Respected Contributor

I didn't think I was going to like the judges but they surprised me.  Lots of talent picked....looking forward to the live shows.  

Honored Contributor

American Idol was good last night.  Twelve of the top 24 performed, and most of them were very good.  It's a better group than I thought they'd end up with.  I'm looking forward to the duets tonight.  

How do they go from the top 24 to the top 12?  I think the judges decide.  How many will go after the top 24 finish performing next week?

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I think the winner is going to be one of the last two performannces last night. The country girl or the rocker. They are both very good performers.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

I think the winner is going to be one of the last two performannces last night. The country girl or the rocker. They are both very good performers.

I think Jurney might win.  She's my favorite at this point.  I think she has a beautiful voice.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

What is it with that Katie Turner girl. It’s like watching a train wreck. She looked like little bo peep singing blondie. If she goes far imagine the makeover she will get.

Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

What is it with that Katie Turner girl. It’s like watching a train wreck. She looked like little bo peep singing blondie. If she goes far imagine the makeover she will get.

I think her look is very corny but it is her style.  I don't see a makeover happening....I believe part of her appeal is her corny style.  

Trusted Contributor

I think Katy Perry is the trainwreck.