Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone been watching the American Idol?

@2blonde@Wsmom@Lapdog@Citrine1@NickNack

The judges are obviously blown away by the contestants, their voice quality and their stage presence this season! I am too!

It will be interesting to see if they sound as flawless on the larger stage, in years past, AI has not gotten the acoustics right.

I think getting the background singers and instrumentals right helps a lot.

Watching Mara and Rachael Patten, Jurney and Lea Michelle right now.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have not been watching every week....but, the few times I did watch I find the judges this season  to be so boring...they seem afraid to say anything negative....and seem to gush all over the singers no matter what they do.

The one man  judge on the right never has anything to say...and when he does ,   Perry  butts  in acting stupid. Perry is just WORTHLESS... like Ellen Degeneres was....adding nothing to the panel.   Lionel Richie is just OK. He also gives little direction....a lot of bowing and gushing....afraid to hurt their feelings I guess.  

Makes for a dull show.

Occasional Contributor

Well said Puppy Lips,  glad I’m not the only one who thinks this group of judges lack chemistry.

Respected Contributor

@LTT1  I've actually been recording, then watching at my convenience (with no commercials) this time.  I've not missed any of it.....unlike previous years.  I see a lot of people here are disappointed and/or critical of this year's show, but I disagree.  I think the group of finalists are the most talented ever......I love almost all of them.  I would find it impossible to pick a winner if I were a judge.

I know most everyone likes to bash the judges, but I like them.  They are varied in their experience and personalities, and I actually enjoy Catie's antics.  As for not being very critical, I think it's hard to make negative comments to such talented singers.....and besides, they deserve all the praise they are receiving IMO!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

Yes, I think so too.

i have never seen a group of finalists with so many who are already polished and ready for stardom!

Katy Perry has an intelligence about her when she is not cutting up. The cutting up has been curtailed since the first audition show.  I really don’t know her much at all, or her music, but it seems to me that she could do almost anything with her brains and her beauty.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I think this group on AI is extremely talented.  I didn't think they would be during the auditions, but I think they're great.  They deserve the judge's praise.  My favorites so far are Marcio, Jurney and Dennis.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

So I DVR'd American Idol and just watched it. First I have to say how great it was that Alex Stone stepped up to the plate to sing with Marcio at the last minute when Toni Braxton bowed out due to illness. Marcio knocked it out of the park (I didn't like that the judges for dramatic purposes picked Marcio for last). Secondly, I think Garrett is overrated, he took Shannon's spot. Lastly, did anyone tell Lea Michele that she was suppose to let the contestant shine, have their moment, not to drown them out? I thought all the other pros were subdued, and we're generous in letting the contestants be the star.

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@Lapdog wrote:

I listened to the "Voice " tonight and recorded "Idol".  I watched it after.

I was stunned at the singing tonight on the Voice.  In my opinion there was not one singer that was not flat tonight.

By comparison, the singers on Idol were wonderful. 

They should have taken the ones that did not make it and moved them to the Voice.

I wish Effie would have made it through to the next round.

I agree about Effie.  Instead of that boy whose girlfriend was there.  Cute kid but I just don't think he was half as good as Effie.  They must not have met their heartthrob quota for the young girls to swoon over.

@Wsmom  @Lapdog I completely agree with you- the guy who's girlfriend was there is overrated! I'm surprised he's still around when they sent home MUCH better performers earlier in the season. Some contestants fill certain roles- he's the 'heartthrob' - also Catie is the 'quirky' one. 

Respected Contributor

Next week 4 more go home.  Hard to see so many cut at once but there can only be one winner in the end.  

My favs so far are: Mara, Marcio, and Jurnee....however...I also think the others are all very talented and anyone of them could win too.   

Esteemed Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

Next week 4 more go home.  Hard to see so many cut at once but there can only be one winner in the end.  

My favs so far are: Mara, Marcio, and Jurnee....however...I also think the others are all very talented and anyone of them could win too.   

@straykatz Mara looked so familiar to me so i googled her- she was on America's Got Talent several years ago!