Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone been watching the American Idol?

Ada has a tremendous voice, but not for american idol,i agree vegas,broadway,rulpaul show she has talent. Was it fair to put her through the way they did?I don't care for Jurney,she has said a couple things that makes her sound like a concedied brat.Gabby is great her performance was over the top,her and rocker Calieb would be great together.Love calieb the rocker,but like past seasons rockers get far but don't make it to number 1,seems like the udience votes for middle amerca.Looking forward to next week.Tucka.

Respected Contributor

I think Mara has a better voice than Jurnee (sp?) and Michelle. Jurnee is beautiful and sure looks the part, though.  I'm glad the two interchangeable heartthrobs didn't make it.  I don't know how they made it this far.  Not denying Ada has a great voice, but those screamy songs don't do it for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think catie turner is going to go farther then what she should. Her and Gabby have huge online social media following.

i keep watching Gsbbys from last night. It was fun and over the top but no one was voting on it. She is already a star. Her originals on iTunes are amazing. She has a few that would be hits. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Glad that most of all that i liked went through.  Not happy w/Jurnee.  Not strong enough for me and she sang the same song again? Catie is quirky with her clothing and liked the song she sang but not sure how far she'll go.

As for Michelle, don't know what the judges or America sees in her.  She's just ok for me.  Love the guys that made it through and the ones that didn't.  I thought Marcio was weak in his last performance and can see why he didn't make it. 

Love Ada and the song he sang was unbelievable!

@SWEET  When did Jurney sing that song before?  I don't remember it.  Surely she didn't sing the same song twice.  She's one of my favorites.

I thought she did a few wks ago and I read it somewhere (probably on FB's AI page). 

Valued Contributor

My favorites are Michael and Ada.Marcio was good, but I didn't like his last 2 songs.I saw Maxwell at a concert and Dennis rendition of his song was excellent.

Honored Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

Glad that most of all that i liked went through.  Not happy w/Jurnee.  Not strong enough for me and she sang the same song again? Catie is quirky with her clothing and liked the song she sang but not sure how far she'll go.

As for Michelle, don't know what the judges or America sees in her.  She's just ok for me.  Love the guys that made it through and the ones that didn't.  I thought Marcio was weak in his last performance and can see why he didn't make it. 

Love Ada and the song he sang was unbelievable!

@SWEET  When did Jurney sing that song before?  I don't remember it.  Surely she didn't sing the same song twice.  She's one of my favorites.

I thought she did a few wks ago and I read it somewhere (probably on FB's AI page). 

@SWEET  I would be shocked if that were true.  I think the judges would have mentioned it and criticized her for it.  I Googled it and nothing came up.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

My favorites are Michael and Ada.Marcio was good, but I didn't like his last 2 songs.I saw Maxwell at a concert and Dennis rendition of his song was excellent.

@Bibione I really like Michael too.  With regards to Marcio, I couldn't agree more.  His last two song choices, I thought, were awful.  And if he had to pick a Barry Manilow song, there were many much better ones to choose.  I think the song choices were his downfall.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@Bibione wrote:

@Bibione I really like Michael too.  With regards to Marcio, I couldn't agree more.  His last two song choices, I thought, were awful.  And if he had to pick a Barry Manilow song, there were many much better ones to choose.  I think the song choices were his downfall.  

@Citrine1 @Bibione I really liked Marcio too. But as Simon used to say, his last 2 performances sounded like a lounge singer. Or a cabaret act- not a star!  He'll probably still have a career in the entertainment business - not everything is selling out arenas! 

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1@NickNack@Bibione@SWEET

I have always wondered who picks their songs at this point in the competition?

Some of these singers have great voices/great potential, but they may not know much musically.

That could definitely be a handicap in this group.

Some songs (Mara’s) were in a key that made it difficult for her to sing the lower notes on key.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@2blonde@Ibby114@Citrine1@NickNack@Bibione@ccassaday

ok I will say the ones I know. Help me out?

280F2971-2DE4-460B-99F7-D20A2DCD9151.jpeg

‘’Starting at upper top left:

blonde country boy...?

Michelle 

Michael...👏🏻

Luke Bryan

Gabby👏🏻

Lionel Richey

Jurney

Katy Perry

Ada

Rocker guy👏🏻