Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone been watching american idol?

I loved the woman (blonde African American) who sang the Whitney Houston song; Christian was great.  Tobias too.

I hadn't watched AI in years.  I'm not crazy about the format of this Hollywood round - not showing enough of the performers/performances.

I do like these hosts - so silly at times but they are indeed very kind.

Honored Contributor

Too scripted!  Get tired of the sob stories they tell prior to the contestant's singing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Too scripted!  Get tired of the sob stories they tell prior to the contestant's singing. 

--------------

I agree with both your points!  I don't think any of the contestants should be allowed to share their sob stories.  Save it until the end...when he/she wins!  

I had stopped watching this show because of Katie's antics.  She does seem somewhat controlled, but if she starts acting up again...I'll stop!!

Respected Contributor

@moonandthestars   Just reading your post and realize how behind I am but one difference for me this season is original music of some of the contestants. There is a lot of talent out there and I’m looking forward to more.

Trusted Contributor

I have been a fan for many years but for some reason I just don't enjoy all the auditions anymore. I will start watching though when they choose the top 10 as then I really get into it! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched it tonight and the one that keeps standing out to me is Hunter with that great country voice! She already sounds like a recording artist.

There are so many good ones. I like the girl from Baltimore too and the guy who they told they wanted him to take himself more seriously. He did and sounds like a really good rock star. Lady K (she is the girl from Tuskegee who was homeless) is still a standout to me too. Her voice reminds me of some of the great soul singers.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Regular Contributor

This Sunday evening they will have the Disney theme with the final 10.  They really do have some wonderful singers this year.  I believe several of these young men and women will get contracts regardless of their placement on the show.  Just wanted to remind you of the upcoming show!