Respected Contributor

Anyone Watching "The Floor," Rob Lowe's New Game Show?

[ Edited ]

The second episode airs tonight. I love game shows, so I tuned in last week. Eighty-one contestants, each having an area of expertise, cover "the floor," and the goal is to eliminate contestants via one-on one battles. Whoever has conquered most of the floor at the end of each episode, takes home $20K; that person, and everyone else remaining on the floor, return the next week. The one contestant remaining on the floor at the end wins the grand prize of $250K.

With so many contestants, I didn't think I was going to like this, but I gave it a shot, and I do. (Plus, I like Rob Lowe.).The most interesting part of the gameplay, to me, is that whoever wins the one-on-one battle, assumes the loser's area of expertise. So a contestant whose area of expertise was, say, "The British Monarchy," now has to be an expert on "Bugs" lol. And they keep assuming different subject matters as they play against others, and win.

It airs Tuesdays on Fox at 8.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching "The Floor," Rob Lowe's New Game Show?

@Moonlady I really enjoyed it last week and plan to watch again tonight.  It is an interesting game for sure.

Respected Contributor

I'll continue to watch. It's better than watching remakes of Family Fued. 

Occasional Visitor

Feels like a repackaging of his last show, Mental Samarai.

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady - I'm a huge fan of this show! I try not to miss it, but I always DVR and watch a little later. It's fun to see the different people and play along. I started a thread about it too on January 3.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I just started watching it last night. Very Interesting and different. I like it!!!!! I really like him as well.

Respected Contributor

Love this show.  I DVRed the whole series and need to watch last nights show now.  Rob Lowe is adorable and I miss the show Mental Samurai which is totally different of course.

Respected Contributor

@SWEET, I remember Mental Samurai. I'm a big Rob Lowe and game show fan, so The Floor is up my alley.

I like that, while the goal for the season run is the $250 grand prize, someone wins $20K at the end of each episode. It can change some contestants' strategy. If they think they might not be able to go the distance, they can opt to try to shoot for the $20K.

Interesting, too, is the decision a contestant makes after winning a "duel" because whether they were challenged or did the challenging determines whether they keep their area of expertise or assume someone else's.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

I've been watching too, thanks for the explanation, as I had a little trouble figuring it all out! I have a feeling this game show might not last though, as where do they get all those contestants! But who knows, maybe it will make it.

Valued Contributor

This is really a very good show. Rob Lowe  is always good on anything

it sure is better then that stupid show FAMILY with Anthony Anderson

and his mother again.