Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Watching The Haunting of Hill House?

Just read that Netflix's 'The Haunting of Hill House' director is making a sequel to Stephen King's 'The Shining'.

'The Haunting of Hill House' director Mike Flanagan's next project is an adaptation of Stephen King's 2013 novel, "Doctor Sleep," which is a sequel to 'The Shining'.

The movie stars Ewan McGregor as a grown-up Danny Torrance and comes to theaters in January 2020.

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it but you made me think of House on Haunted Hill (1959), with Vincent Price.  I hope it airs some time this month.

Honored Contributor

@I like celery

👻 Oh Yeah!!   Already binged watched the 1st 5 episodes.  5 more to go! 👻

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's scary and creepy, but I'm really enjoying it.  I'm on episode 4 and binge watch whenever I can.

edited to add:  I really like the entire cast, too

Trusted Contributor

I saw the original movie when I was younger, mind you I had nightmares the rest of the night !!!!

Respected Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

Thanks for sharing @Georgiagrama I may take a look this weekend...I like scary movies but will watch during the daytime!

@GAQShopr53

I'm only watching when my husband is sitting here with me Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV

I haven't seen the first one.  I don't know how I missed it because I like scary movies - not the gory slasher type, but the really good, suspensful ones. 

I am still trying to decide if there is really something scary about the house, or, if the family is just crazy. 

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1

I'm watching 4 now.  What a messed up family.......  I'm just going to guess, that there is a good reason considering the creepy factor. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I'm up to 6.  Lawd have mercy !!!!  Man Surprised

QVC Customer Care

@MorningLover wrote:

Just read that Netflix's 'The Haunting of Hill House' director is making a sequel to Stephen King's 'The Shining'.

'The Haunting of Hill House' director Mike Flanagan's next project is an adaptation of Stephen King's 2013 novel, "Doctor Sleep," which is a sequel to 'The Shining'.

The movie stars Ewan McGregor as a grown-up Danny Torrance and comes to theaters in January 2020.

I can't wait to see Doctor Sleep. The book was really good. If the director does as great a job as he did with The Haunting of Hill House, the movie should be terrifying. I watched the whole season and the series is very scary and sad especially episode 6. I hope Netflix does a season 2. Maybe it will be a prequel.